Censoring Ebooks: The Clean Reader Brouhaha...

It only has 10 ratings in iTunes, and on Google Play it has 34 reviews - a third of which seem to be protests against censorship.
Oh my, it has 10 ratings, they are certainly giving Amazon,Barnes and Noble, Kobo, Google, Subterranean Press and all the other e-book sellers a run for their money.

This all sounds like a fine storm in a tea cup if you ask me, I doubt that there will be many interested in paying extra, to such a marginal publisher, to swap out the occasional insult.
To be sure, there are always those insane activist parents too afraid that their precious sheltered children will hear bad words, but I doubt that there will be a large enough customer base for this app even if there were easy and legitimate ways to read DRM protected books with 3rd party readers and apps.

Actually, the reviews for Android throw up an even bigger accusation than censorship - that the app developers are actually reselling other people's digital rights via ebooks, without permission, and at inflated prices to boot. It appears the app does not work with existing books - only those bought through the developer's store, which have been pre-censored.

Now that is something worth getting riled about - but no one seems to have noticed that part?

I agree, stolen IP is serious, however as I mentioned earlier Amazon and most other major e-books sellers demand DRM, that is why I doubt that this app would be of any use without either an alternative e-book store or de facto IP theft.