Lets Talk About Things Science Cannot Explain

Off topic - here is what they think Greenland would look like if melted off all the ice. Looks kinda weird with that big lake in the middle:

EDIT - ooh, if we see lots of big oil bosses and 'Lex Luthors' buying up land and real estate in the middle of the Greenland ice sheet to get good lakeside properties, then we'll know that AGW is definitely real and in fact deliberate :D

Topographic_map_of_Greenland_bedrock.jpg

Last edited:
Why all the hand-wringing and worry about all of this - it an be answered with a two-word phrase...

"Stuff happens".

Just get on with life.

(As you can tell, I appear to have no sentimentality gene)

Why all the hand-wringing and worry about all of this - it an be answered with a two-word phrase...

"Stuff happens".

Just get on with life.

(As you can tell, I appear to have no sentimentality gene)

Yes but there why does stuff happen?:D:p

More then a few things

Faith Healing

The event's in Zeitoun Egypt between 1968 to 1971

The rust free Iron pillar in Delhi India .:D

Okay, when you accidentally drop a piece of toast why does it always fall with the buttered side down?

Now, Ray will say:
That's simply you remember all the positive co-incidences and don't remember the null events. It's no more often than random.

However, I'm not so clumsy to drop things that often, so I can probably remember all of the times.

Okay, when you accidentally drop a piece of toast why does it always fall with the buttered side down?

Now, Ray will say:

However, I'm not so clumsy to drop things that often, so I can probably remember all of the times.

The toast would be a bit heavier on the buttery side ?

Then there the phenomena known as Foo Fighters( not the singing Group.:D) towards the end of World war 2 the strange bobbing and moving lights that pilots saw while flying missions of over Germany .

You been reading the lies in "Chariot of the Gods". It's not really rust free.

Corrosion resistant then? Iron tends not to last like that out in the open. It's an impressive feat of metallurgy.

Last edited:
A lot of "inexplicable" stuff is nothing of the sort, but mis-represented. "Witnesses" can lie, omit vital facts to shade the truth, be mistaken or misled by others with a vested interest.

A lot of "inexplicable" stuff is nothing of the sort, but mis-represented. "Witnesses" can lie, omit vital facts to shade the truth, be mistaken or misled by others with a vested interest.

Ray I understand all of that and your quite correct. But by the same token, that doesn't mean every single case of the inexplicable follows that path either.

Last edited:
Ive never actually read a copy of Chariots of the God. I did see the film based on it and thought it a fluffy piece of movie entertainment.:)

Well, of course there is "really" inexplicable stuff. But most people don't realise how much stuff reported as fact is either myth (modern or old), nonsense or fraud.

http://snopes.com/info/whatsnew.asp
http://web.randi.org/

So lets not waste time on nonsense that's been debunked, or else have a thread on Modern Myth. Is the oldest Modern Myth the Victorians alleging older times believed the world was flat, especially in Columbus' time? No-one of significance in any age appears to have believed it. It's a modern myth.

never actually read a copy of Chariots of the God.
I did, when I was a teenager. I hadn't learnt much about critical thinking then. I hadn't read enough SF&F, myth and fantasy. All of which is good insulation against nonsense. Problem is that most of the "facts" presented in the book are actually lies!

Well, of course there is "really" inexplicable stuff. But most people don't realise how much stuff reported as fact is either myth (modern or old), nonsense or fraud.

http://snopes.com/info/whatsnew.asp
http://web.randi.org/

So lets not waste time on nonsense that's been debunked, or else have a thread on Modern Myth. Is the oldest Modern Myth the Victorians alleging older times believed the world was flat, especially in Columbus' time? No-one of significance in any age appears to have believed it. It's a modern myth.

The shape of the world was known in ancient times. Eratosthenes of Alexandria around 240- 45 BC calculated the diameter of the earth and he was accurate to within 100 miles . The ancients knew alot of things about the World around them.

Last edited:
I did, when I was a teenager. I hadn't learnt much about critical thinking then. I hadn't read enough SF&F, myth and fantasy. All of which is good insulation against nonsense. Problem is that most of the "facts" presented in the book are actually lies!

It was all the rage in the 70's inspired a fanciful nonsense science fiction film or two , Starship Invasion ,Hanger 18 . It was popular into to the 80's faded and then in the 90's withthe approach of he Millennium had very brief revival.

Last edited:
Corrosion resistant then? Iron tends not to last like that out in the open. It's an impressive feat of metallurgy.
For Iron to rust it needs water as well as air. Rust consists of hydrated iron(III) oxides Fe2O3·nH2O and iron(III) oxide-hydroxide (FeO(OH), Fe(OH)3).

In hot dry climates, cars hardly rust at all. In the 1980's in Malta they used to have old 1940's buses running (they have modern Aviva buses now) but you can still see classic cars. I've heard that the same is true of Cuba and African countries.