What Are Your Favorite Monsters in Movies and Television?

The giant cyclops in The 7th Voyage of Sinbad A terrific monster also in that film, the Giant two headed Roc bird and the dragon .:) This a great fantasy film one the best and most imaginative ever made. (y)
I just love those from those two guys, Willis H. O'Brien, & Ray Harryhausen!

Anyone see
DEEP RISING? That thing is really nasty. I have a childhood memory of something similar, from what I recall was a show called THE WORLD BEYOND, but I cannot find anything about it on the web (though Wikipedia has a page for something with the same title, dated 1977). It must have been from the mid 1960s, as I was a kid of about 7 or 8 then. But, admittedly my memory of the thing has far better special effects than were even available for movies back then, much less TV!

What about The Sand? Similar to Blood Beach, but had its own style.

I just love those from those two guys, Willis H. O'Brien, & Ray Harryhausen!

Anyone see
DEEP RISING? That thing is really nasty. I have a childhood memory of something similar, from what I recall was a show called THE WORLD BEYOND, but I cannot find anything about it on the web (though Wikipedia has a page for something with the same title, dated 1977). It must have been from the mid 1960s, as I was a kid of about 7 or 8 then. But, admittedly my memory of the thing has far better special effects than were even available for movies back then, much less TV!

What about The Sand? Similar to Blood Beach, but had its own style.

O'Brien and Harryhausen did great quality films which had great stories , something that lacking from so many of today effects laden films. :)

Deep Rising is a fun film with a really cool and scary monster. (y)

Yeah, I remember this. Treat Williams as the wise cracking hero. Lots of fun.

Mechagodzilla :)
Having re-read your posting on Christmas Day, 2016, I found it interesting that just yesterday one of the cable TV channels showed two of the Mechagodzilla movies -- I thought to myself that it was interesting Christmas Eve fare...

Shouldn't that be "creature" of the black lagoon?

They're ancient, they resemble spiders, their human agent is a snappy dresser, and consider all life to be one big social experiment. It's The Shadows from Babylon 5.

I we expand the parameters to games I'd like to add "The Beast" from Homeworld:Cataclysm. Think of it as The Borg, but no amount of surgery will make you come back.
"Creature," you're right! (I said it was a long, long while ago that I saw it...)

I think my top pick might be the "facehugger" from ALIEN -- but the adult alien, too, was pretty scary.
Another suggestion: the truck with the goblin face, from MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE...
Or Chuckie.
And John Leguizamo's clown character in SPAWN -- was he named Violator?

As I recall, there were the face huggers, the big ones, and the stomach ache ones that grew into the big ones. In thinking about the stomach ache ones, HUMANOIDS FROM THE DEEP came to mind! :eek: But, anyhow, the face huggers lay eggs, the stomach ache ones hatch, and become the big ones; so whence come the face huggers?