What Are Your Favorite Monsters in Movies and Television?

Also add the mist in the game Silent Hill. The only video game that has made me jump in fright (for that moment in the school!). Even now getting something that sounds like the transistor radio in the game (when it picked up when something was lurking nearby) gives me the creeps.

Oh yes, that in turn reminded me of Pyramid Head and the faceless nurses. *shudder*

And the really weird alien abduction ending that was pretty disturbing - but unlocked the laser-sighted pistol...

Haha yep, that was truly a wtf moment for me. I actually only found that ending out via YouTube.

The Salt Vampire in the trek episode Mantrap . Even today this one gives me the shudders . :eek:

The monster in the 1985 film Creature.

Diamajin . The giant Samurai Warrior God . He's from a japanese fantasy trilogy of films done in the 1960's. Even by today standards of horror , he's still pretty terrifying. He slumbers until he called upon and hates being disturbed , but once he summoned , he deals violent death and destruction to those who would desecrate his temple harm his followers. He cannot stopped .

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down

Helpless people on a subway train
Scream bug-eyed as he looks in on them

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town

Oh no, they say he's got to go go go Godzilla
Oh no, there goes Tokyo go go Godzilla

History shows again and again
How nature points out the folly of men...

they're great live!!!

back on topic Illyria from Angel

Although the Torchwood one with the village of cannibals came close but they weren't monsters they were human. Most of my favourite biggest, scariest villains are human beings.

isn't that the conclusion of both Monster Club and Nightbreed?

Prophecy the Monster Movie 1979 . The film is a mess but the giant mutant bear is pretty scary. The sad part about this film is with better writing, It could have been a great horror movie. It all of the elements to be so.

Ultraman tv series made in the 60's the original ran for 39 episodes. Had lots of interesting monsters.(y)

The Predator used to keep me up when I was little. I saw the movie at a friend's house during a birthday party. My dad called and told me to come home, so I left before the movie ended. This was nighttime. That thing chased me through the trees all the way home as I rode my bike, trying not to look behind me. When it rained, I used to think he was wandering around outside, getting pissed off because he was getting wet. My one consolation was that I knew for a fact I'd never done anything to him and since I wasn't particularly challenging prey, maybe he'd pass me by...

The Alien still gives me nightmares, but I love it anyway. The first two movies were fantastic.

The monster in the 1985 film Creature .

Last edited:
Hey, I've got one. How about the executive monsters who cancelled Constantine. :cautious: