Need a logo for my spaceship

Dennis E. Taylor

Destroying Worlds Since 2015
I'm working on a novel, which involves space ships. My protagonist will decorate his ship with some kind of logo or graphic (think fighter plane nose art). The ship is an exploration craft, not a warship. I want to have something kind of cool, current era (the protag is a contemporary), and most importantly, something that won't get me sued, because it will appear on the cover of the book.

I've thought of things like an outline of the Wright Bros first aircraft, the Spirit of St Louis, A space shuttle, etc. I've also thought of non-flight ideas like a snowboarder in mid-jump. I'm not expecting anyone to actually design one, just looking for some idea spitballing. Any suggestions welcome.

Wright Bros first aircraft, the Spirit of St Louis
I think both used. But not on a Spaceship.

"Whatever?!" in Neon script :D

Anything instantly recognisable probably is already a Trade mark :(
Nike sued someone for having a tick like arrow.

Interestingly that Duracell (Mallory) lost suing Energiser (Eveready) about the pink bunny.

A little castle logo with a row of pick axes, one for each ruined civilisation found and excavated :)

Inspired by, but not copy of "Dark Star"
an Astronaut / Cosmonaut on a Surf board?

A white whale - as in Moby Dick - to illustrate the quote: “As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.” from the book.

(Especially good if your spaceship gets destroyed in the work :))

Last edited:
A white whale - as in Moby Dick - to illustrate the quote: “As for me, I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas, and land on barbarous coasts.” from the book.

(Especially good if your spaceship gets destroyed in the work :))

That's actually a good hook, since the Wanderers video gets mentioned in the book.

How about John Stringfellow's aircraft? Seeing as he did it in 1848 before the Wright bros. (And he's from my town, so I'm biased).

A little castle logo with a row of pick axes, one for each ruined civilisation found and excavated :)

Hmm, there are ongoing battles with ships of the Brazilian Empire. Could have several images of them on the flank.

Inspired by, but not copy of "Dark Star"
an Astronaut / Cosmonaut on a Surf board?

Or a snowboard... (y)

And if you use the picture of an atom or anything like that? This is science-related and people these days know it.

Space snow... No shoveling in space.. that must be a bonus..
1424186434772.jpg 1424186263741.jpg 1424186055675.jpg 1424186145785.jpg 1424143302877.jpg

(the middle ones are of your astronaut snowboarder doing a 360 on a blackhole in the infrared and ultraviolet spectrum.)

What does the ship do? Military, freighter, medical? Think about what it does and then come up with something that is at odds with that.
The ship is an exploration craft, not a warship. - See the description Bizmuth has posted.