Michael J. Sullivan signs new fantasy series with Del Ray

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
Michael J. Sullivan has signed a four-book deal with Del Ray. However, despite being a poster boy of hybrid publishing, this one is a full traditional publishing contract:
http://aidanmoher.com/blog/2015/02/...llivan-half-million-dollar-deal-first-empire/

“I’m a huge fan of self-publishing and know very well about how financially lucrative it can be,” Sullivan admitted, addressing the surprising move to a new traditional publisher. “For my traditionally published works, my reason for signing has always been to take my career to the next level.”

Presumably, getting a big traditional contract, and corresponding improved marketing and audience, will have a knock-on effect with his existing titles.

Reactions: ctg
Michael J. Sullivan is very close to his readers as you are Brian, so getting the big traditional contract may not be the real reason. I suspect he got the contract after he made a lot of sales by himself. His wife helps him a lot and I suspect his kids, too. I received free stuff stories sent by his daughter.