Films that Didn't Live Up To The Hype of the Trailers

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
You go to the cinema and you see an upcoming movie trailer that looks amazing , It makes you really look forward seeing the film. But, when you finally see the actual film. It doesn't live up to the trailers.

What are you choices for films that ended not living up the trailers?

Well, the most famous one I can think of is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow or whatever it was called. The trailer was incredibly misleading.

Highlander Endgame . Epic disappointment.

Brick. Totally wowed by the trailer and bought it - then I saw Looper by the same writer/director which I though was a steaming pile of crap. So I didn't watch Brick until I had forgotten why I hadn't watched it. I finally slid this into the DVD player last month. I though it was sh*te. But only worked out why at the end as the credits rolled - "oh! A Rian Johnson film...! That explains a lot."

Brick. Totally wowed by the trailer and bought it - then I saw Looper by the same writer/director which I though was a steaming pile of crap. So I didn't watch Brick until I had forgotten why I hadn't watched it. I finally slid this into the DVD player last month. I though it was sh*te. But only worked out why at the end as the credits rolled - "oh! A Rian Johnson film...! That explains a lot."

When I saw the trailer for Looper, I thought it looked great. Didn't get around to seeing it at the theater , did see it on television. Found to be a complete waste of time.

Prometheus The trailers looked impressive , the movie , less so.

Exorcist II the Heretic The trailers looked promising, the film was a flipping disaster.

Yes Prometheus and Phantom Menace strike me as two very enjoyable trailers that definitely didn't deliver! My two favourite teaser trailes of all time though for films that DID deliver are Indy III and Terminator 2.

Er... most of them. Trailers are only there to serve one purpose - put bums on seats.

Well, the most famous one I can think of is Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow or whatever it was called. The trailer was incredibly misleading.

can't say fairer than that - the trailer was incredible. The filum? Ahhhhhh, less so :(

Yeah it didn't live up to the trailer but , I liked Sky Captain . It was a bit hokey and overacted but a fun film. :)

I like Sky Captain too!

The only trailers I remember ever really selling me on a film were the ones for Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Brick. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was brilliant and lived up to it's sales pitch. Brick was sh*t.

My favourite trailers:

Nowadays, I would say most movies are like that. the Trailer captures all the great moments and the rest is yawner filler. I was laughing my @$$ off at Minions' trailer, but almost fell asleep during the movie.