100 word anonymous challenge for January... or in fact not.

farntfar

Venu d'un pays ou il ne pleut pas
Just to let you know, in case you haven't guessed, that there won't be a 100 word challenge in January.
I've had discussions with Hex, and by extension the other mods, who would prefer not to run the anonymous challenges in the same months as the 300 worder.
Furthermore, has anyone any news of J.L.Bostlap, who was going to run it? He seems to have disappeared since boxing day.

The other possibility which struck me was to run an even more unofficial and ununserious challenge during the 300er months, but on reflection, it's probably best not to.

On another note. The publishing of the entrants after the entry closes seems to have gone down well, and the inclusion of a mystery gunner worked well too.
But I had to use Darkchrome for the extra non-entrant without prior consultation.
It would be useful in future if anyone who isn't going to enter in the given month, but who seems credible as an entrant (having run before??) could offer their services to the person running it by PM so that there could be a (or possibly several) willing mystery gunners.

Hello all! I would still be happy to run the next 100 worder in case JL can't (I believe he did volunteer before me, so if he's willing still, I could sit this one out). The one caveat is that, because of some personal commitments, I'd not be able to start things going until, say, around February 20th. If that seems too late, then I'll sign up to host the following one.

And I think your ideas on the challenge's evolution seem just fine, farntfar. Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts, CC

I think there are a few possible entrants who, if they didn't enter, wouldn't mind being pulled on, but it's whether they'd look at this thread (being presumably not following it.) in fact, I think most of the challenge entrants wouldn't mind - perhaps put a general 'does anyone object post in the main discussion thread'.

The problem is, Springs, that if someone hasn't volunteered, then it's down to the person running it that month to find someone in double quick time.
It has to be someone who seems credible as an entrant, or it's just obvious that they're "the plant", but it also has to be someone who hasn't entered.

For whoever's running the thing this can be a real problem. There are several people who enter at the last minute, or at least on the last evening, so you can't really plan ahead. On the other hand, you're expected to publish the list of entrants more or less right after the close. (OK I did it the next morning, but I spent some of the time in between sleeping)
I wanted someone who had entered before, but hadn't entered this time. (In fact I'm not sure Darkchrome had entered the Anonymous before. It was a bit of a rush, and there were only 2 previous months to look at.)
So having volunteers would make it much easier.
It was also a brand new idea last month, so I couldn't think ahead at all, but I'm just trying to make it easier for the next person.

Okay so off the top of my head, some people who I don't think would object and who are likely/occasional/ have entered before but probably won't always/could enter would include:

@alchemist, @Hex, @Phyrebrat, @David Evil Overlord, @Abernovo, @HareBrain, myself since time will be limited for extras over the next year. I've tagged them all so they can object if they want to.

But, really, I think it's overcomplicating it a little - a quick look at the last month's poll of challenge winners could also give possibles.

Fair enough Springs.
I'm just trying to make life easier for the next runner.
Scrabbling around for a reasonable and credible fictitious entrant at the last minute was something of a pain last time. And if, for instance we always use the same people it would be obvious after a few months. :) But that's an SEP.

Farntfar thanks for putting so much thought and effort into this.

This is a new challenge format and I think that things will gradually develop over time.

Roll on February.

Once again thank you @farntfar for the great effort in the challenge. I did volunteer to run it from here on out, for I have the time and opportunity to frequently check the post etc. It is after-all up to you guys. I am volunteering and therefore put it in your hands. We can even, to make it more of a combined effort, place it in the winners hand to run the next challenge each month? Just a suggestion. For Feb, I will make sure the Challenge gets placed up on the 1st. Will gather theme and topic and so forth from @Hex.

place it in the winners hand to run the next challenge each month?
Not much of a prize. :) I'd aim to lose. :D

Also maybe not the 1st. We want to avoid having the same dates as the 75 word challenge.
So to be discussed.
P.S. Haven't seen you about much recently. So I hope you had a good Christmas & New year.

I am so out of touch with the challenges at the moment! Too much on :( I keep meaning to enter this one, so I'd be happy to be a random extra if you need it :p

Juliana, is that just another move of misdirection?? A 'jazz hands' to make us think you aren't entering :lol:

'Then clearly it can't be in the glass in front of me!'

Farntfar, great job last month. This challenge is getting a life of its own thanks to the great people who have ran it (springs, mosaix, farntfar) Those are from memory so I hope I'm right!

I don't have a clue about what this secret agent talk is about as I have not entered this challenge, but I don't have any objection to being used if needed*. I'd not entered before simply because the stimulus has not been up my street.

pH
*I love red bounty :sneaky:

p.s I didn't get any notification that @springs had tagged me. I just visited this thread on spec.

No, I think @springs broke the Alerts with the amount of tagging she did. :p

I agree. In my case, it would be nice to be needed. *sniff:cry:sniff* :D