Your favourite graphic novel?

It's such a difficult decision.
I love Y: The Last Man series, but I also adore Chris Ware's Acme Novelty Library, Number 18.

The Alan Moore "Swamp Thing" series plus his "Watchmen" & "V For Vendetta", both made great films.

It'll always be Sandman by Neil Gaiman, I just love it on every level. After that, I really like Grant Morrison's The Invisibles, though it starts better than it ends.

Brian, do you think Watchmen has the emotional power of Born Again? I'd agree with you in that it does have a richness and quality second to none, but for me it doesn't have the emotion of Born Again

for me it doesn't have the emotion of Born Again

I'd agree - in Born Again you see someone broken down, and having to build themselves up. It's an action-adventure with a very personal touch. In Watchmen, I simply love the characterisation and morality - or, at least, the questions it asks of it.

(If I wanted to sound clever, I might even suggest that one is about believing, and the other is about asking.)

Even though I loved Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, I'd put his Daredevil: Born Again above that in a personal ranking, precisely because it has more of a human story to it.

I really enjoyed Preacher.
The Filth was bizarre but entertaining and of course The Walking Dead is hard to put down. I must read The Sandman some time.