Attack on Titan

No, but I'd love to! I love the manga! Is the series darker in tone than the manga, do you know?

The show actually follows the manga pretty closely. I thought it a bit slow at first, but then it picked up nicely.

I've only seen the show. But I've read parts of the Manga while looking for spoilers. Found them.

I'd say it's a pretty dark series. And that's coming from someone who's favourites include Akira, Berserk, the Hellsing OVA and Full Metal Alchemist. I'd say considering some of the garbage that's been put out there in the past couple years, this is by far one of the best things I've seen in a long time.

I've only seen the show myself. My son, a college sophomore, found the show, and then started reading the mangas since he liked it so much, and the manga is way ahead of the show. Every month a new one comes out, somewhere around the first week or so, and he's checking his manga app every day to see if it's arrived :)

Same as some of the others, saw the show, never read the manga. I enjoyed it and hope season 2 is coming soon. It had quite a few unexpected twists to keep you on your toes!

One of the few shows out there that is worth the hype. They have been busy with the Live Action Attack on Titan, but rest assured, there will be a season two in the future.

I began watching it on CN, but found it was also on CRUNCHYROLL, & quickly finished it there. I do not see how Adult Swim can possibly show some of the later episodes without heavy censorship.

I saw a trailer for a live action Attack on Titan film.

That should be interesting; though I think animation is better suited to this series.

watched the first season and continued with the manga, but haven't read in a while, thanks for reminding about this one. Really enjoyed it, and the anime especially has very nice artwork.

Saw another trailer for the film , Im still not convinced this one will find a general audience.

Honestly they could condense it into a 2 hour film without too much trouble.

The series runs very slowly, some episodes are a single action scene stretched out that in most series would be only part of an episode. Even as a fan of epic length sagas I find Titan can move very slowly. Interestingly for all its pace I don't feel they gain depth with the pace either; indeed one major complaint I have of the series (though I admit that the artistic direction could also be a big element in this) is that you see a lot of characters die in epic scenes, but the gravity of those deaths is light because they hardly get much development and I find in the heat of battle one blurs into the next. Barring the more distinctive core handful the rest are rather hard to discern.

That said the story in itself is great; its got huge potential and a lot of mystery to it - the cliffhanger ending of the first season makes me eager for a second; especially as not only did they present new mysteries in that last episode, but they also left several major strings untouched from the first season. So whilst its got potential, I'm a little sad that they are re-telling the first again through films - I'd have rather we get right into a new season of discovery!

I loved Attack on Titan, it was clearly single most epic anime of the season. But half of most episodes was just recap, they could easily condense it down. Although, there was probably a good reason for those excessive recaps, if the studio was having trouble meeting their targets or getting content out for each episode. (Watch Shirobaku for insight into the trouble of making anime episodes, it's fantastic)

I suspect also in the first season repetition helps snag new viewers all through the season. First seasons are basically live or die. You've got to get a huge following fast because end of the first season is normally make or break. If you make it it often means several more seasons; if you fail that's it its generally game over unless you're very lucky to get another network to pick you up (and oft as not that process can take so long you can lose key staff or actors

Honestly they could condense it into a 2 hour film without too much trouble.

The series runs very slowly, some episodes are a single action scene stretched out that in most series would be only part of an episode. Even as a fan of epic length sagas I find Titan can move very slowly. Interestingly for all its pace I don't feel they gain depth with the pace either; indeed one major complaint I have of the series (though I admit that the artistic direction could also be a big element in this) is that you see a lot of characters die in epic scenes, but the gravity of those deaths is light because they hardly get much development and I find in the heat of battle one blurs into the next. Barring the more distinctive core handful the rest are rather hard to discern.

That said the story in itself is great; its got huge potential and a lot of mystery to it - the cliffhanger ending of the first season makes me eager for a second; especially as not only did they present new mysteries in that last episode, but they also left several major strings untouched from the first season. So whilst its got potential, I'm a little sad that they are re-telling the first again through films - I'd have rather we get right into a new season of discovery!

Audiences do tend love a good monster movie.:)

I am a HUGE fan of Attack on Titan. I've been following the manga since watching season one and it just keeps getting better and better. A lot of big stuff happening, some fascinating information coming to light and more question to ask than ever! I love it.

To all anime fans, I really recommend you read the manga. Events after season 1 of the anime get so interesting you wouldn't believe me if I told you.