The silliest science fiction and fantasy movies of all time

Starcrash!

Starcrash_1979_film_poster.jpg

Robinson Crusoe on Mars - When this film came out in 1964, I read a very positive review of it in Time magazine. I've never been able to figure that out. And now, 50 years later, the movie seems to be achieving some sort of Icon status. But I always thought it was silly and I haven't changed my mind.

Interesting. I have to agree that Starcrash is just about the silliest thing you will ever see.

However, I enjoyed Robinson Crusoe on Mars as an entertaining, fairly plausible (given the state of knowledge about Mars in 1964) science fiction adventure film.

Interesting. I have to agree that Starcrash is just about the silliest thing you will ever see.

However, I enjoyed Robinson Crusoe on Mars as an entertaining, fairly plausible (given the state of knowledge about Mars in 1964) science fiction adventure film.

And Robinson Crusoe on Mars reused the Martian ships from the 1953 film.War of The Worlds:D

A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell 1990 . Yes this a real film. I would put it under the heading you have see it to believe it. :D

One Million Years BC 1966 This movie is preposterous for lots of reasons and it's damned entertaining . If you've never seen this one ,your in for a fun time. It has dinosaurs , caveman and Raquel Welch .:D

Ah, Starcrash. The only thing that I remember clearly is that someone on one planet gave people on another planet a deadline of noon (or midnight, I can't remember which) to do something or else something bad would happen. I thought "noon?" (or perhaps I thought "midnight?") -- on which planet? where on that planet? What does "noon" (or possibly "midnight") mean when more than one planet is involved?

It was a philosophical question that still haunts me after all these years.

Ah, Starcrash. The only thing that I remember clearly is that someone on one planet gave people on another planet a deadline of noon (or midnight, I can't remember which) to do something or else something bad would happen. I thought "noon?" (or perhaps I thought "midnight?") -- on which planet? where on that planet? What does "noon" (or possibly "midnight") mean when more than one planet is involved?

It was a philosophical question that still haunts me after all these years.

The question about this film that haunts me to to this day, is what were they thinking when they made this film in the first place? :D

Message from Space 1978 . This was Japan's answer to Star Wars. It plays almost like spoof of Star Wars, the only problem is that wasn't intend to be a spoof. The film boasts such immortal lines as " Im a human being from planet Earth "and " They don't call me kamikaze for nothing ". :p

Last edited:
Not really sci but a little futuristic. If you enjoy tryuly bad movies try 'Ditching'

Back