Star Wars episode 7: The Force Awakens

It's just a teaser, to get people excited that the film exists at all. New things will follow later

I know a lot of cgi stuff will be added post-production, but still, if they were going to produce a teaser they could have shown us something a little more ..... epic. It looks suspiciously like they're aiming to evoke some nostalgia but if this series of three is to grab new fans, they'll have to do better.

I know a lot of cgi stuff will be added post-production, but still, if they were going to produce a teaser they could have shown us something a little more ..... epic. It looks suspiciously like they're aiming to evoke some nostalgia but if this series of three is to grab new fans, they'll have to do better.
Yes, I agree. I felt...underwhelmed.
Sure, Star Wars ships, a Sith, stormtroopers. But nothing new, I felt*. I want to be excited, but I need a hook, something to draw me in.

*And the hamster ball (alc's description is now going to be the standard term in my head) had me worrying that someone had said: "We need a fun, quirky figure for the kids." Please not another Jar Jar Binks! :eek:

Reading the above, I realise it might be time to claim my official Grumpy Old Man Card - does that come with free bus fare, or is that only for pensioners?

Cool teaser. Designed to stir up emotions and give us a hint to the tone of the film. The force awakens? Has it been dormant since the Emperor died and now a new Sith is emerging... Have the Jedi been rebuilding or is it still just Luke?

The crosstrails on the lightsabre... a bit pointless / borderline dangerous to the user. But at least not as ridiculous as the Inquisitor's sabre in "Rebels"!!

Andy Serkis doing the voice over I believe. Whatever is role is, it won't be a Jar Jar irritant but presumably a relatable alien creature. I think lessons have been learned.

I like the use of backwater planets, it feels more real. Corasant was a cgi-mega city that never felt real.

There are still Tie Fighters, and Stormtroopers. The MF is still being pursued. So is the Empire still in charge? The senate may have been restored though, and the evil edges smoothed down?

I'm excited to see where they go with it all!

if they were going to produce a teaser they could have shown us something a little more

Frankly, I'm astonished they have any production work to show us. They didn't start any filming until late spring!

I actually expected only flashbacks to the previous films in this teaser.

Andy Serkis doing the voice over I believe. Whatever is role is, it won't be a Jar Jar irritant but presumably a relatable alien creature. I think lessons have been learned.

Am I the only who heard the voice over and imagined an old Jar Jar Binks telling the story to all the young 'uns?

I'd pay to watch a new Star Wars featuring an old JJB, just to see the disgust on the faces of the hardcore fans!

---

In seriousness, it looks like we might be getting a story arc from the POV of a stormtrooper. Could be interesting. Maybe we'll have an inside look at the stormtrooper boot camp, where they beat good aim out of the new recruits.

even that small taster is miles better than the entire prequel trilogy. thumbs up unreservedly.

Okay, am pretty excited now. First watch through I was a little hesitant. Especially after that rolling droid. But I've come around on subsequent viewings. Looks dark and mature. Looks like Star Wars.

Now all I need is time machine to skip forward a year...

Okay, am pretty excited now. First watch through I was a little hesitant. Especially after that rolling droid. But I've come around on subsequent viewings. Looks dark and mature. Looks like Star Wars.

Now all I need is time machine to skip forward a year...

Sorry, time machines haven't been invented yet. :D

I quite liked the teaser trailer - especially that F*** YEAH! moment when we see the Millenium Falcon and the John Williams score kicks in!