Discussion thread -- November 2014 75 word writing challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's understandable, Parson! Unless we're talking, say, a Beatles-level group, almost any musical act you could mention would be reasonably unknown to a fair percentage of any audience. And I LOVE older country, BTW...if you're talking Patsy Cline or Hank Williams, I am right there with you! (Not so much the newer country.)
YES!! Old Country is the best. Patsy Cline and Bosephus are a couple of my all time favorites.I keep up with the new stuff but I am passionate about very few of those acts.

TDZ, I got a The Princess Bride vibe with the title but thought that was simply coincidence and I didn't carry it into the story sincebut but but She's not a princess as a child! She lives on a farm and falls in love with Farm Boy (who certainly worked in the stables, but was not a stable boy!).

Now you've said about Pretty Woman I can see the title works for that, and I can see how the working girl line and the lost businessman fit, but I wouldn't have been able to tell you the final line of the film so that was utterly lost on me.

Err...yes. There is that, isn't there? And for all the times I've seen that movie (yes, I'm afraid I have to cop to never having read the book), that didn't occur to me in my cleverness. :oops:

It wasn't actually the last line of Pretty Woman, but a bit further back, when she got paid and was packing up. Then at the end, he comes back to do the climb up the tower thing and rescue her, and we get the lamest last line ever, with "She rescues him right back." :rolleyes:

The title actually was for both, the "no kissing" thing in The Princess Bride as well as the "no kissing" rule in Pretty Woman.

I got Pretty woman, but not the Princess Bride. But, for me, the ending didn't make total sense and meant it didn't feel like a complete story.

Well, evidently I screwed up the Princess Bride part, so that's understandable. :p

Right so I know I'm late to the post vote party again, but I did bring eggnog. Congratulations Phyrebat! A great story.

Thanks for the short listings Alex, holland, Robert, martin321, remedy, TDZ, TJ,

Thanks for the contender listing perp.

Wow I got a lot of mentions this, well last month. Just need to convert it into votes...

My inspiration was simpleish... As soon as read the challenge I couldn't get Mary had a little lamb out of my head. But it's a nursery rhyme not a fairy tale so I figured I could combine it with red riding hood. RRH became Mary, her lamb became a wolf, and the rest just flowed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back