Mirrodin-Style Worlds

Personally, no. But the living metal concept has been used/touched upon a few times, just as MTG recycled aspects of Mirrodin into Esper.

I'd be fascinated to read that when you've got it. Quite the task you've set yourself.

So basically, if a population of specific organisms is set into an environment with a high content of metals, over time, some of those metals will be absorbed into the body via feeding, and the organism's cells will take advantage of the high metal content and incorporate some of those metals into their cytostructure. This will show through the manifestation of a keratin or bonelike material on the organism's body. The reason the whole body isn't covered in metal by this time is that the organism still needs plenty of bodily maneuverability, esp. on the joints and such, so the cells only incorporate the metals at vital areas.

It's just a rough draft, I'd love to hear any advice/constructive criticism you can give me.

If you eat silver dust, unlike Lead, small amounts are not poisonous and it concentrates in your hair, nail and skin (Arsenic shows up in hair and nails too).

You go an odd colour.

Very many metals are toxic. Or just passed through. Iron, Calcium. Sodium, Potassium, Zinc are only useful as compounds.

Being with gilded with real gold foil or painted will not kill you (Myth repeated in Goldfinger). Sweat and decaying skin will gradually remove it.

Some sort of creature that could extrude unwanted heavy metal contamination that kills other creatures would have a metallic skin or carapace.

Last edited: