NaNoWriMo 2014

Chel already responded like I was going to. This going to bed at a reasonable hour is proving good for my healthy but I don't half miss a lot of online stuff ;)

I plan to write at night. I'll sleep from around 8-9pm until maybe 1am or so, then up and write in an altered state for a few hours. Guaranteed no distractions, such as friends being awake at that time. Then my days are still free for everything else I intend to do.

I write anyway I just need an extra 45 minutes or so at some point. Fingers crossed that the story stays fairly light and easy to write. It has the potential for getting dark but I'm hoping to keep it less so.

For those that have trouble starting, here an idea - I'll start everyone off then we can see what different stories can be developed from the same premise.

"A." B said,

"O!" C interjected, thinking that in fact B had called his name.

"No C, I was talking to A."

"I's not here." B said.

"Did somebody call." O said.

Hi everyone!

Is there a writing circle from here on Nano? I'm doing it for the first time this year and it would be nice not to start it alone.

-Shams

After four (possibly five?) failures, varying from 'almost there' to 'what the hell was I doing for a month, because it definietely wasn't writing' I'm ready to take it on once again. Unfortunately I'm about to start a new job so I doubt I'm going to have much spare time to write. Impossible is only a word though... right?

It's less than 2,000 words a day. I find thinking of the daily target and not the monthly one really helps it go more easily. My user name this year is OldKitBag - I decided to start a new account as Anya, my novel writing alter ago is on a hiatus.

Shuffles nervously forward. I haven't signed up yet but might be in - I need some impetus to work on the new thing. Ulp.

Okay, I'm springs2. I'm starting at about 10,000 words and I now need to go and plan. Realistically I can't start until Monday, when I'm working, so I'll be a bit behind. I guess this is where this speed-writer's money is where her mouth is....

Last edited:
I just want time to work on a novel. With no thought or care about whether it fits a market or how much it will cost to produce.

I still want to do this but know I won't have time so instead of setting myself up for not reaching the target, I will just do my best to write more than I have been.

And Springsy, isn't this just like a weeks worth of words for you??? *ducks* Okay, fine. Two weeks...

Ugh typical I now have a second character and story. Do I go with DI Jack Dickens and his complicated case connected to his family or my dystopian sci-fi with 14-year-old Pich.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fiberglass Cyborg Writing Discussion 8
Harpo Writing Discussion 12
A Writing Discussion 22
Phyrebrat Writing Discussion 30
SPoots Writing Discussion 138