My Millennium Falcon collection

Uhhhhhh. I have one of the Ultimate Collection Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcons. And the mini version as well. But that's all I have of the MF...

Still haven't figured out what to do with it....

Thanks, Matteo. That is a very helpful review of the Lepin Falcon.

I may need pick one up on the comingh pay day.

My pleasure Rodders - glad to help. If you need anything more, let me know here. But I think I thought of everything.

Hi, Matteo

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Lepin UCS Falcon from AliExpress. I feel a little like i'm condoning piracy, but the reality is that i will never be able to get a Lego one. :(

Hi, Matteo

I have finally taken the plunge and ordered the Lepin UCS Falcon from AliExpress. I feel a little like i'm condoning piracy, but the reality is that i will never be able to get a Lego one. :(

I know what you mean but I didn't lose any sleep over it. After all, Lego no longer produce the set (though there were rumours for this, 40th, year) so they lose nothing by people buying Lepin. Buying an original would cost at least £2000 (apparently even if you "BrickLink it") which is crazy.

If they do produce the set again you can be sure it's going to retail for at least 400 quid and so they wouldn't lose my business then either. Looking at the Lego site, I can see the Death Star (4000 pieces) is £410, and WHOA! THERE'S A COINCIDENCE!! Millennium Falcon™ - 75192 | Star Wars™ | LEGO Shop

Six Hundred and Fifty quid!

Seems to be only very slightly different from the original (of which the Lepin is a direct copy). The cockpit is removable, also some panels and there's a seating area. Also a lot more minifigs and things to bump up the piece count (7541).

Six Hundred and Fifty quid... Lego are staffed by Sith lords.

Oh, one more thing (and I sadly speak from experience): try to build it where it will stay - it doesn't take kindly to being moved around too much (but the same is apparently true of the genuine article).

I have to say Lego's model is still beautiful

Ahh...evidently the force is not strong with me. I just realised that video is of the new model. Taking a closer look I think they "big it up" a lot compared to the old version. There's not a lot of difference (smoother panels (tiles)) and seating areas inside. But the thing is not for playing with; it's too big and won't take moving around so much. It's simply a display model.

The extra 2000 pieces seem to be made up from tiny little details stuck on the outside (as they say, the model is the same size). There's bound to be a detailed side by side comparison up on the Net soon but I don't see a huge difference.

A lovely looking set, but £650! No thank you.

Bandai's own film on the 1/72 scale Millenium Falcon with designers and engineers explaining the decisions behind this beautiful model.

Thanks ctg. I really like the look of this model and you don't get too many Episode iv versions.

I don't have enough modelling skill to put this together, though. :(

So i just took delivery of my Lepin Millennium Falcon today. I was rather disappointed to see that it just came in a rather nodescript brown box. It may be naivety on my part, but i really expected it to come in a proper box.

Still, i suppose it'll give me that impetus to build it.

So i just took delivery of my Lepin Millennium Falcon today. I was rather disappointed to see that it just came in a rather nodescript brown box. It may be naivety on my part, but i really expected it to come in a proper box.

Still, i suppose it'll give me that impetus to build it.
Sorry Rodders, that was something I forgot to mention. None of the Lepin stuff ships with the original box. I suppose it's to avoid any potential problems with customs. After all, a plain box with a bunch of lego pieces is one thing, but a bunch of lego bricks in a Star Wnrs (sic) box might arose suspicion.

Good luck with the build. Download an official parts list and start opening those 100 bags...

Bandai's own film on the 1/72 scale Millenium Falcon with designers and engineers explaining the decisions behind this beautiful model.

I'd love to pick this up but it's a little out of my price range. Also probably don't have the space for it. But I did recently just pick up the 1/144 version, which will be one of my projects this year. Might post some pics once done, if it turns out alright!

I love these Bandai kits. I've built the 1/77 X-wing and Y-wing so far, and I'm halfway done with the A-wing. Also had the AT-ST (1/32 I think) on my shelf for awhile now.

Reactions: ctg
I did buy one of the Bandai PG Falcon's but i don't have anywhere near enough talent to build one and do it any justice.

They do look like fun to build though. Post some photos, Culhwch.