IF YOU WERE YOUR OWN PLANET YOU'D BE ..... YOU FILL IN THE REST

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
If You Were Your own planet what would you be like? what sort sort of a world would you be ? What kind of ecosystem would you have What if any , kinds of beings and :alien: creatures would live on you ? What kind of civilizations would we find on you?:)

Hmmm. Interesting question. Lots of possibilities, so I'll just go with my first instincts.

The star around which I revolve is somewhat cooler and smaller than Sol. We might as well call it Tau Ceti for now. I orbit the star at a closer distance than Earth does Sol, resulting in a shorter "year" but roughly the same kind of climate (the "habitable zone.") I am tilted at the axis less than Earth, resulting in less extreme seasons. I rotate more slowly than Earth, resulting in long "days." There is a single, smaller, rocky and airless planet nearer to my star than I am, and a few larger planets farther from it. (These are not quite large enough to be gas giants, but have atmospheres of various compsitions, several moons each, and complex ring systems.) There is no asteroid belt. I have no moon.

My surface consists mostly of water. There are no large continents, but there are countless islands of various sizes everywhere. (For now, let's call me "Archipelago.") There are two small ice caps. My climate, on average, is a bit cooler than Earth, but also less extreme.

Life on Archipelago is, of course, extremely complex. Let's assume for now that there are analogues of bacteria, viri, and so on. On a macroscopic level, you would first notice that the single world-girdling ocean (a bit less salty than Earth's, and, of course, without tides) teems with fish analogues. Of course, the smaller the creature, the more of them there are. The largest is about the size of a dolphin. Of course, there are plant analogues everywhere as well, much of which resembles floating seaweed. The surface of the ocean would often seem to be a blue-green patchwork constantly in motion.

The equivalents of plants, insects, and amphibians also inhabit the land areas. None of the animal life is yet completely free of the water. There is nothing as large as the tree, but there is a large variety of bush-sized organisms.

The "inhabitants" of Archipelago are more massive than humans and lower to the ground, walking on four legs and making use of two arms. Each hand has two "thumbs" and three digits between them. To human eyes, they would look something like large gray lizard people. Their civilization is on a Stone Age level, with simple spears used to catch fish. They also eat lots of leaves. Much of their time is spent in the water, although they are air breathers.

My orbit would elliptical around a medium yellow sun, one moon. There would life stability and civilization off people humanoid but not human. Ive reached the point of stability and middle age where , I can kick back and let the inhabitants forge their own destiny.

The last remnants of a great, star-spanning culture lie in the ruins that scatter the dusty surface. A slowly decaying orbit about a star gone dim, but not yet dead. These are the final years of something baroque that used to be beautiful. It would be a Dying Earth, but the colours are muted and time has worn away languages to a nub of their former diversity - words fade when the things they applied to have become extinct.

In this place, many are the dreamers: artists of visual and auditory schools couterpoint the dry and tending-toward-humourless pontifications of the remaining philosophers, a vocation many consider to be the next to die. But everyone has their ways and the days are languid, as if civilisation itself has grown tired. Pastel shades are too vigorous for the ambience of this place, yet vibrant colours persist in the art and imaginations of those who see more than the ways to their next meal.

In time, this will all pass. It will not be alone, nor will it be the first - or the last. As is the way of these things, it will matter to those involved and be irrelevant to those unknowing. But inbetween, that is where the great library ships will seek to propagate the history of a civilisation lost by the time they are discovered.

:D

If I were my own planet I'd be...
Frightened stiff of Neil deGrasse Tyson!
He is the only man ever to destroy a planet. That being Pluto.

I came from Planet Claire
You know I came from there
I drove a Plymouth Satellite
Faster than the speed of light

Planet Claire has pink air
All the trees are red
No one ever dies there
No one has a head

Some say I'm from Mars
Or one of the seven stars
That shine after 3:30 in the morning
Well I didn't