Fear The Walking Dead [Warning: Contains spoilers for Seasons up to S6]

Elizabeth Rodridguez discusses the path her character Liza takes in the series:

As a nursing student, in the coming episodes I end up finding that is what I can do. I have to ultimately lie and tell people in the community that I am a nurse so they can trust me and have instincts to sort of kick in and do what I can, until a doctor shows up, and then she tells me to go with her and help more people. And I end up seeing things on a grander scale and discovering other things that the rest of the family doesn’t know about. I end up leaving my family and becoming really fancy in this story.​

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/08/18/fear-walking-dead-elizabeth-rodriguez-liza-survival-mode

Ruben Blades on his character, Daniel:

I’m playing Daniel Salazar, a person who immigrated to the U.S. from Central America, and is a barber, and has a past that is exposed because of what happens in the context of this, I don’t know what to call it, this ‘situation’. Salazar has a lot of previous knowledge of chaos and mayhem and destruction collapse of order. The others don’t have that because they have been pretty much a product of the United States under a certain level of order, and Salazar comes from a situation where he has seen it happen under different circumstances — political, but nevertheless bloody and violent. So he’s a product of that, and he moves in a different way, and he understands these things clearer, faster than the others. So he has a certain advantage in that, but not that much.
http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...en-blades-reveals-his-characters-chaotic-past

We don't always share ratings or box office news on this site. Generally, we'll only mention it when there's something significant to say.

Today, there's definitely a discussion to be had - Fear The Walking Dead's pilot episode has become the most-watched premiere in cable television history, bringing in 10.1 million viewers.

AMC's Walking Dead companion show has taken a record previously held by Better Call Saul. The new programme's parent show - The Walking Dead - is at fifth in the list.

This is a hefty achievement for sure, and it's certain to silence those who thought a zombie spin-off show wouldn't do big business. We'd wager there'll be a lot of back-slapping over at AMC today, and if the show can retain a decent number of these 10 million viewers, it could become a scheduling mainstay for years to come, like its predecessor.

Of course, this isn't even factoring in the amount of people who have watched the episode via shady illegal means, either. If it was possible to total both types of viewer together, Fear The Walking Dead's audience would look even more huge.
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/fear-th...lking-dead-massive-ratings-break-cable-record

By the time you read this, Fear The Walking Dead will finally have been unleashed upon the public in the US (it arrives in the UK at 9pm on Monday the 31st of August on BT's AMC), after months and months of rumours and speculation about the show’s content, ahem. It’s a relief to finally have the curtain pulled back, as for those of us who have remained constant fans of The Walking Dead universe it’s a chance to get another flesh-eating fix and find out exactly what took place before Sir Rick Grimes awoke from his coma and set about his quest to grow an awe-inspiring beard.

Fear The Walking Dead is off to a fine start, with barely a minute into the pilot before the first zombie appearance. Like its parent show, it manages to retain that sense of feeling like a sharp intake of breath, as while we all know what’s coming, the show’s characters are about to witness the downfall of civilisation for the first time. My only concern at this point, having been fortunate enough to see the first two episodes, is an impatience to see what’s next, to find out who’s going to rise to the challenge and who will end up served on a platter to the ever-hungry undead, so that’s hardly a criticism.

At the forefront of Fear The Walking Dead’s co-creation and production is Dave Erickson, who teamed up with Robert Kirkman to bring chaos to Los Angeles and play merry hell with the lives of its inhabitants. Erickson, who’s probably best known for his work on Sons Of Anarchy among other TV shows, was gracious enough to chat with us and share his enthusiasm for all things Walking Dead...

It must be such a relief to finally have the show out there after the build-up and audience speculation about where it was going to start.

Yeah, you know it is. ...
http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/fear-th...lking-dead-dave-erickson-showrunner-interview

The show will return April 10.

CYPBpJzWsAMFsgh_595_Mini%20Logo%20TV%20white%20-%20Gallery.jpg

I wonder if Freeview TV will ever get it...

The boat scene reminds me of the Dawn of The Dead remake when they arrive at an infested island at the end.

I don't subscribe to cable TV and I watch all my shows on the internet. Here in the US we have a website called HULU.com that recently made the first season available. Only trouble is, HULU is transitioning from a freebie site to a subscription site. They made episode 1 of season 1 the "pilot" a free streaming view but from episode 2 onwards you must subscribe.

My impression after watching episode 1 -- and I don't think I'm giving away any spoilers here -- is that it failed to scare me. I am by no means a hardened viewer of gore. I get nightmares easily. I watch TWD cringing in my seat and with hands over my eyes peeking through my fingers. I did not get this from "Fear TWD" even though the word FEAR is in the title. After watching episode 1, it did not inspire me to want to watch episode 2.

As a writer, I sat back and thought about this. Why? Why not? And it occurred to me that the story did not place the main characters in mortal jeopardy or give them high stakes to lose on a personal level. In other words, they were too safe. I could give specific examples, but it's pretty much the whole episode. The main characters watched zombies arise from afar, from a safe vantage point, and at no point were they backed into a corner. A couple of times, literally, they were watching news reports on a t.v.!

I did not get this from "Fear TWD" even though the word FEAR is in the title.

Well, I don't know why they put it in when they could had named it anything.

The main characters watched zombies arise from afar, from a safe vantage point, and at no point were they backed into a corner. A couple of times, literally, they were watching news reports on a t.v.!

The problem is that fear went out from the windows in the original TWD, and everyone knows the real enemy is the people. And ever since they have tried their hardest to make the difference. To make walkers, crawlers, shamblers, lurkers, sleepers much scarier than they are, but to be honest, they're not. They're just slow walking abominations and they don't cause much terror unless you get trapped, and therefore, you're unable to find a way out. If you can, no fear.

In the FTWD you have to watch wholes season before you get into the point where zombies rule the world. Otherwise it's all about how people got into the point where everything has collapsed and it's "Oh, so terrible."

By the way, I watch all my episodes from computer, and I rarely venture downstairs to watch anything in the tellie.

Dougray Scott has booked a (one way?) ticket to the zombie apocalypse.

The Hemlock Grove and Desperate Housewives vet has signed on to join Fear The Walking Dead‘s upcoming second season in a recurring role
Fear the Walking Dead: Dougray Scott Joins Spinoff's Season 2 Cast

I haven't watched neither one of those series, but I guess this excite some people. Also:

The Walking Dead spinoff’s 15-episode second season will be split into two parts, with the first half (seven episodes) launching Sunday, April 10 (9/8c on AMC) and the second half airing “later in 2016.”

Dave Errickson talks about second season:

"In the wake of what’s going on in Los Angeles, I didn’t want to abandon the city without some residue about what it was like to lose the city", Errickson explained. "I wanted the audience to have an introduction to the boat."

And what does that boat mean for zombie attacks? Well, Errickson confirmed that “They can’t swim. Zombies can wade and that’s something we experimented with in the first couple episodes; it has a lot to do with decomposition and gas buildup in the body."

He added: "Here’s what it’s not going to be: We’re not doing The Love Boat with zombies. Every episode will not be a new port of call; there’s no Juliette McCoy. We are going to go to land and we are going to have a balance between sea and land."

Chatting about the big theme of the season, he said: "One of the big questions thematically is: what is family now? Is it blood or is it bond? We’re going to have a group of people, some of whom don’t know each other very well […] It provides for this interesting balance of paranoia and anxiety, which is not dissimilar from last season but we’re now on a boat in the middle of the ocean and that’s going to give us a lot of drama for first few episodes."
Fear The Walking Dead season 2: poster teases deadly waters

unspecified_copy.jpg

Colman Domingo talks about playing Victor Stand in FTWD season 2:

What can fans expect from Season 2 of Fear The Walking Dead?
We’re taking the show to the water. We’re taking the show to new locations on the Pacific. The fans can look forward to seeing new things they’ve never seen before. It’s exciting.

How good are you on the water? Are you a competent captain?
Before we started Season 2, I had to go and do some yacht training. They sent me to San Diego to be on a yacht for a day. I learned as much as I could, so that I would know what I was doing on the boat. Knowing that Victor was possibly the owner and not the captain of the Abigail, he should not know everything. He probably needs those six individuals a bit more than he expected.

What challenges have you faced with the water scenes of Season 2?
My character stays in the wheelhouse a lot, commandeering the yacht. When he has to get into the water, it’s for a really good reason and then he is challenged. That’s all I will say, but the water is definitely challenging.
Colman Domingo talks Victor Strand in Fear The Walking Dead Season 2

When Fear The Walking Dead was originally announced, it came with the hope that maybe the creators would shed some light on what originally started the zombie outbreak.

Robert Kirkman made no bones about not touching it in the main show, and it appears Fear is going the same route. When The Wall Street Journal caught up to Executive Producer Greg Nicotero, he elaborated a bit on the subject.

“We’ve never really wanted to go there,” Nicotero says. “I know on ‘The Walking Dead’ we made a conscious decision to not open that can of worms. I think it’s safe to say that ‘Fear’ follows the same rule – it’s really not about how it’s happening. It’s about how you survive it. That ship has sailed.”
Fear The Walking Dead Season 2 Will Not Reveal The Cause Of The Zombie Apocalypse

AMC has renewed the series for a third season. Fear The Walking Dead season 3 will consist of sixteen episodes to premiere sometime in 2017. AMC's live aftershow, Talking Dead: Fear, has also been renewed for another season.

"What Dave Erickson and Robert Kirkman have invented in Fear The Walking Dead is to be applauded. Watching Los Angeles crumble through the eyes of our characters and seeing each make decisions and try to figure out the rules of their new world – it’s fresh, eerie and compelling and we’re all in for the ride,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios.

"As Victor Strand observed, ‘The only way to survive a mad world is to embrace the madness.’ We thank the millions of fans for embracing this mad world and look forward to sailing far into the future."
Fear the Walking Dead: renewed for season 3

Fear The Walking Dead season 2 will bring back all the significant survivors from season 1. Kim Dickens’ Madison Clark, Cliff Curtis’ Travis Manawa, Frank Dillane’s Nicholas Clark, Alycia Debnam-Carey’s Alicia Clark, Mercedes Mason’s Ofelia Salazar, Lorenzo Henrie’s Christopher James Manawa, Rubén Blades’ Daniel Salazar and Colman Domingo’s Victor Strand will be present and correct.

Season 2 will also have its fair share of new characters alongside the returnees. Arturo del Puerto (Ride Along 2, The Bridge) will play a chap named Carlos, Veronica Diaz (Dead Rising 2 videogame, one episode of Torchwood) will recur as Vanessa, and Daniel Zovatto (It Follows, Revenge) has been cast in an as-yet-unnamed role.

dougray_scott_cropped.jpg
Fear The Walking Dead season 2: Ouroboros trailer and teaser clip

While Fear the Walking Dead and The Walking Dead are far from a crossover event ever happening, the two are still tethered to the same universe. While The Walking Dead has aired six seasons and years have gone by since the world ended, its companion series Fear the Walking Dead is still existing in the early stages of the world's collapse.

The exact time frame of Fear the Walking Dead in relation to The Walking Dead has, however, been revealed by Fear's showrunner Dave Erickson.

"If you marked off the days [that have passed on air since Fear the Walking Dead debuted], I think right now, by the end of the first half [of Season 2], we’re getting very close to Rick waking up in Georgia," Erickson tells TVLine. "[Fear The Walking Dead survivors have] arrived at a place where they’re up to speed on how one deals with the apocalypse and the dead."
Fear's Current Timeline Connection To The Walking Dead Revealed

Also

By the end of the first [zombie movie] reel, everybody knows the score and is able to kill [the undead] without any thought. They become very practiced at it very quickly. And that was something we wanted to avoid. We wanted to [instead] try to balance expectations of how people should behave once they know there are zombies with this sort of attempted slow burn into the apocalypse from a character standpoint.

That creates frustrations, to a certain degree, because in some instances, you want [the characters] to get it already. And in some circumstances, the things that they do that don’t seem particularly zombie-savvy are, for me, moments where they aren’t zombie-savvy.