Books Loved by Critics Hated By You

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller Not one likable or sympathetic character in The whole miserable book . I especially hasted that profiteering little creep Milo Minderbender .

Catch 22 by Joseph Heller Not one likable or sympathetic character in The whole miserable book . I especially hasted that profiteering little creep Milo Minderbender .
Opinions differ. For me one, of the funniest things I have read and one of my favourite books. Alongside A Confederacy of Dunces, another book with a distinct lack of sympathetic characters.

Opinions differ. For me one, of the funniest things I have read and one of my favourite books. Alongside A Confederacy of Dunces, another book with a distinct lack of sympathetic characters.

What might have redeemed Catch 22 for me , just a bit, is Milo had ended up in front of a firing squad. I wanted to like Catch 22 but couldn't.

I have a fair share to put in myself, really...

First off-and you all can stone me to death with this one-but the biggest by far is The Great Gatsby. The only thing great about it is its effectiveness in curing insomnia.

Second on the list is Catcher in the Rye. Just one big, long "angsty" teen bitchfest.

You all know my opinion on Shakespeare.

And perhaps a toss up in the air, Lord of the Flies. Not really my cup of tea, especially back when I first read it as a child.

Baylor, i struggled with Catch 22 on the first reading but enjoyed it enough to want to read it again. It was a lot funnier on the second reading.

Last edited:

Back