The Worst Animated Tv Series and Characters of All Time

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
What do You Think are the worst Cartoon tv series and Character of all time ?

Super-friends , essentially a dumbed down , bland tv version of Justice league. Superman Batman and Robin, Wonderwoman, Aqua man. it wason the air for years and never got better, Pathetic stories with equally pathetic bad guys with dumb names . The less said about Marvin , Wendy and Wonderdog and the Wonder Twins San and Jania the better.

No, not Superfriends! That was the best show ever when I was 6! The Wonder Twins were my favorite...

No, not Superfriends! That was the best show ever when I was 6! The Wonder Twins were my favorite...

The television standards and guidelines of that era wouldn't allow them to do much in the way of good stories. I didn't think it was that good a show.

Then there was Sealab 2020 , an adventure series about life on board an undersea lab/colony in the year 2020 . Produced in the 1970's it mercifully lasted only one season. It was boring and utterly inane with a cast of characters that I could have cared less about. The only thing that redeems this godawful series is it was the basis of the very funny parody tv series Sealab 2021.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen the Partridge Family 2200 AD? Hanna Barbara, looked it bit like the Jetson's only problem is had none of the comic brilliance of the Jetsons or anything else . It was a streaming pile of :poop:.

The television standards and guidelines of that era wouldn't allow them to do much in the way of good stories. I didn't think it was that good a show.

You know the funny thing is, I've looked for "Superfriends" online out of nostalgia, but I only find Justice League reruns. But I bet if I saw it now as an adult, I would have a very different perspective on its quality. Maybe I should just leave it in my memories.

You know the funny thing is, I've looked for "Superfriends" online out of nostalgia, but I only find Justice League reruns. But I bet if I saw it now as an adult, I would have a very different perspective on its quality. Maybe I should just leave it in my memories.

They wouldn't have allowed a show like Justice league unlimited in that era. By the late 60's Early 70's The Networks wanted and got animated shows what were harmless and as non violent as possible and made still worse when the intent was educational . Since there were only three networks producing cartoon shows , they had a monopoly and could put on whatever they wanted. The result alot of boring bad tv shows which in the end helped kill Saturday morning cartoon shows.

Pacman the cartoon series. How anyone thought that was good idea for a show is beyond me.

Someone said Smurfs. Hit me right in the feels, why don't you.

My vote is Robot Chicken, with the notable exception of one amazing episode.

That one with that guy @Juliana had a teenage crush on. I daren't even look it up to find out what it was in case I accidentally see the clip again, but it's in the "weird crushes" thread.

That one with that guy @Juliana had a teenage crush on. I daren't even look it up to find out what it was in case I accidentally see the clip again, but it's in the "weird crushes" thread.

Honestly, sir, how dare you?!!! :D
S'all good. It was a pretty terrible show. But hey, it was '80's pre-cable Brazil, we didn't have a lot of options! (options for TV shows, not for crushes. Always options for those...)

The Hair Bear Bunch 1971 Hanna Barbara tv show about a bunch of misfit hippie bears living in zoo making life hard for their Zoo keeper. Pretty wretched stuff. Both the animation and the writing or what passed for writing.

Hair Bears was awful. Agreed.

Worst cartoon name award goes to a show my son used to watch, Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! (Exclamation mark part of name...)

monkeyteam.jpg

Back