Never Made Movies that You Wish Had Been Made

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Lots' film idea get proposed , might get to the script phase and then for one reason or another , end up being done for a variety of reasons. the film never happens.

What never made films would you have liked to haves happen?

The sequel to the the 1951 film The Day The Earth Stood still which we never got.

Vincent Ward's Alien 3...it sounded as though it could have been a classic. :(

There was talk of a Thomas Covenant film for a while but it never seemed to get beyond just talk. I think the first six books might be worthy of coverage (probably better as a miniseries) but not the final four.

There was talk of a Thomas Covenant film for a while but it never seemed to get beyond just talk. I think the first six books might be worthy of coverage (probably better as a miniseries) but not the final four.

I think That would work far better as a miniseries or tv series then it would as a film.

Robert Zemekis's CGI of Yellow Submarine. I would love to have seen that one happen.

The Demolished Man was supposed to be done by Brian De Palma, but never happened.

I'm also still waiting for someone to make Dune into a film.

Was this not done already?

As for myself, I both want and do not want a Neuromancer film. It has been talked about off and on for so many years that it is likely to happen at some point. At several times, different producers and directors have been attached to the project and then you hear nothing more about it. But I do worry that I will hate it when they do finally make it.

In regards to Dune, was the mini series closer to the book? I think it was on HBO with William Hurt.

It was a SyFy channel vehicle. And they also did a Children of Dune sequel. And, yes, William Hurt played the part of Duke Leto. The sequel featured Susan Sarandon. But neither could save them. Although sticking closer to the text than The Lynch film, these films still couldn't capture the soul of the work. But don't take my word for it. See for yourself:

Many dream of a perfect "remake":

But even vision alone can be badly flawed. I'm passimistic.

Arthur C. Clark's Childhoods End There have been a number of attempts to bring this to the big screen but so far not got beyond the script stage.