Game(s) Would Like To See Become Either Tv Series Or Feature Film?

BAYLOR

There Are Always new Things to Learn.
Which games would look good on the big or smal screen in either format?

I'd go retro and nominate the original Homeworld, with a revamped Battlestar Galactica look. You get optimistic space exploration, attempted genocide, brutal combat and ultimate triumph.

Fallout - with an HBO style and budget... Series... always a series for an RPG... they're too long to be a two hour movie.
Dragon Age Origins would make a great series too... canon Dalish Elf warden tho... or the omitted Human Peasant ...i mean commoner

I would love to see Myst as a series, although as gorgeous as it was on computer, it would be mind-blowingly phenomenal on the big screen.

Halflife, Dead Space and Bioshock all have solid stories and i'd love to see them made as a movie.

I read a couple of the Eve books and found them to be very enjoyable, so maybe Eve online would make a decent movie.

Dragon Age: Origins would be a great game. I think Vagrant Story could work very well. I was going to suggest The Last Of Us, but they're actually doing that already (I hope it bucks the trends of films based on videogames being rubbish).

I wonder if they'll have Desmond in it.

Halflife, Dead Space and Bioshock all have solid stories and i'd love to see them made as a movie.

I read a couple of the Eve books and found them to be very enjoyable, so maybe Eve online would make a decent movie.

There have been rumors of an EVE Online television show or miniseries for years now. No idea if it is actually happening or if a script is just slowly circulating and spawning rumors.

For myself, I think Mirror's Edge would be nifty. And possibly Dead Space.

There have been rumors of an EVE Online television show or miniseries for years now. No idea if it is actually happening or if a script is just slowly circulating and spawning rumors.

For myself, I think Mirror's Edge would be nifty. And possibly Dead Space.

Eve won't happen. CCP is in trouble... no studio will touch Eve Online now... it would also feel like a Firefly re-boot...

I'd go retro and nominate the original Homeworld, with a revamped Battlestar Galactica look. You get optimistic space exploration, attempted genocide, brutal combat and ultimate triumph.

Ooh, yes -- but to keep to the spirit of the original, they'd have to devote the whole of season 4 to a painstaking effort to steal all those ion-cannon frigates from around that round thing.

Tomb Raider was a brilliant game. I think it would make a great ... oh.
What about Final Fantasy 7? Surely they ... oh.
Minesweeper?

Eve won't happen. CCP is in trouble... no studio will touch Eve Online now... it would also feel like a Firefly re-boot...

I agree except for the Firefly bit. But I agree that nobody will touch CCP at this point. EVE is gaining a bit of speed in Asia but slowly dying everywhere else. The WOD game was their chance to have a turn around, but now that it has been canceled. Well, that is it for them. Dust will not have any longevity and Valkyrie will be a joke.

Last edited:
Also, I forgot to mention Mass Effect. That could be a fantastic film series. I figured that would be appropriate to mention given my avatar and devilsgrin's avatar. :p

I have actually been thinking about this question since my first response, but I cannot think of anything else I would particularly like to see besides Deadspace, Mirror's Edge, and Mass Effect.

I know this has been brought up in internet forums since 1921, but I'd still like to see a Metal Gear Solid movie. Yes, this is despite the fact that each Metal Gear game is pretty much a movie. The difference would be that there would be Hollywood producers to say stuff like, "Hey, Kojima, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Let's rewrite that."

I know this has been brought up in internet forums since 1921, but I'd still like to see a Metal Gear Solid movie. Yes, this is despite the fact that each Metal Gear game is pretty much a movie. The difference would be that there would be Hollywood producers to say stuff like, "Hey, Kojima, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Let's rewrite that."

I think the series has plenty of content with which to make a film, but the difficulty would be what game to base it on? The story is so convoluted at this point that if they came out with a film it would either be insane, literally, or it would essentially have to undo story from the games.

Sure, I'd agree making a movie where 4 left off would be a hot mess. If anything, I'd say the first one. Or just a whole new story all together. It wouldn't be the first time a movie adaptation had it's own plot. There were some recurring themes, however, that would seem essential. Those being: Snake, a group of former Spec Ops..er..people?, and a Metal Gear.

As far as Mass Effect, I don't know if it would be able to continue where 3 left off. It'd have to be some time between 1 and 3. Or what would you think about a movie adaptation of the prequels where Anderson was a Specter candidate, and Saren was still a d*&che bag?

Sure, I'd agree making a movie where 4 left off would be a hot mess. If anything, I'd say the first one. Or just a whole new story all together. It wouldn't be the first time a movie adaptation had it's own plot. There were some recurring themes, however, that would seem essential. Those being: Snake, a group of former Spec Ops..er..people?, and a Metal Gear.

As far as Mass Effect, I don't know if it would be able to continue where 3 left off. It'd have to be some time between 1 and 3. Or what would you think about a movie adaptation of the prequels where Anderson was a Specter candidate, and Saren was still a d*&che bag?

For ME, I think it would be fantastic if either none of the game characters were involved or only relatively minor ones were. I think it would be the best approach to simply go in-universe or focus on a story with a member of the team that does not involve the rest. If it did use most of the characters, I would say before two. But I prefer the first option. Seeing someone try to play Shepherd just does not feel right. There are as many Shepherds as there are players.