The Zombie's Apocalypse (Yet another Zombie Question)

JoanDrake

Has anyone ever done the Zombie Apocalypse from the ZOMBIE'S Point of View? I mean the whole thing is done to show the story of the Survivors, but aren't they really an incredibly tiny minority? Seems the story to me would be how the Zombies feel.

I seem to remember it HAS been done, but I'll be darned if can recall or find it

Warm Bodies, it's more post apocalyptic and does feature the survivors POV in places.

Though I haven't read the book.

I don't think a zombie is capable of processing thoughts to begin with.

I do believe that there was a story that dealt with the aftermath of a Zombie apocalypse. People who were infected with the Zombie illness were cured, but were able to remember the atrocious acts committed when they were Zombies and how they deal with them. It sounded pretty interesting. (I haven't read it and I can't remember the name of the book, so i will need to do a little digging.)

In The Flesh, a BBC drama sounds broadly similar with added racism and PTSD for everyone.

It's definately worth a watch.

In The Flesh, a BBC drama sounds broadly similar with added racism and PTSD for everyone.

It's definately worth a watch.

I second that! A cure is created and former zombies are sent home with make-up to hide their pale skin, contact lenses for their white eyes. Regular injections prevent them from turning "rabid". Haunted by their actions, and having to assimilate into the community they attacked as a zombie. It also looks at the humans who formed militia to defend their towns, and aren't too happy with the undead coming home, just one missed injection away from being mindless killers again.

That sounds very good. I might have to look into picking it up on DVD

Warm bodies looks interesting, but yes the question is do they think[while they are full fledged zombies.]

The Matthew Fish books are much like In The Flesh. It's not quite the typical zombie but they are all on drugs now and integrated with society again ; though the whole drug thing and their position in the community are like a house of cards.

Have at it! The first obvious barrier is our traditional zombie doesn't exactly think so much. But perhaps it could work as a trapped mind?

Otherwise you got me thinking about an ending whereby the protagonist who has throughout this tale been thoughtful and very human, now turned, the book could end -

Jude awoke. The first thing he noticed was that it was cold, an icy, death-like cold. He felt his body stir, cracking as it moved, limp, crippled and heavy. But it lifted itself and then a need came to him, an overwhelming desire that extinguished any other feeling there might have been, filling his mind and his gut with a deep aching hunger that threatened to consume him if the need was not met. He had to find some. Brains.