GRRM confirms that fans have guessed ending!

Your making my theory about ice dragons, not seem so mad.

Your making my theory about ice dragons, not seem so mad.
Honestly, your theory about ice dragons doesn't even crack the top ten of crackpot theories I've read on this or other sites. And mind you, some of them were more elaborated than R+L=J.

Srylanna, Have you read, ice dragon, I'd be interested in what you thought?

It's not a very long book, sold as a children's book, but I don't think it really is.

Told by a child, it can only be westeros, in my mind, the ending could also be a spoiler, for asoiaf, maybe!

Srylanna, Have you read, ice dragon, I'd be interested in what you thought?

It's not a very long book, sold as a children's book, but I don't think it really is.

Told by a child, it can only be westeros, in my mind, the ending could also be a spoiler, for asoiaf, maybe!

TBH, it seemed a bit too simplistic to fit into ASOIAF universe and yes, I know it is a children's book, but somehow doesn't feel compatible with ASOIAF universe. I may be wrong though.

Ned isn't actually dead.

He just warged into a pidgeon, you silly people.

Bran on an ice dragon
Vs
Dany, Jon, and Tyrion on the fire side, aegon will be proven fake before the battle.

I've come round to the idea Tyrion is aerys son, after thinking of Charles dances outburst, you are my son, (trying to convince himself) and the story of him contemplating drowning him at birth and the fact, that rumours about him being a dragon at birth.

Was any reason given as to why tywin was not hand of the king during Roberts rebellion? Perhaps because he suspected aerys raped his wife?

Wasn't the stars they were following north called the ice dragon.
Remember the three eyed raven said to bran, you will fly.

I've come round to the idea Tyrion is aerys son, after thinking of Charles dances outburst, you are my son, (trying to convince himself) and the story of him contemplating drowning him at birth and the fact, that rumours about him being a dragon at birth.

For the Tywin arguments, it is really that Tywin would love it if Tyrion wasn't his son. He can't prove that he isn't so he must suffer him. I believe that he said something along those lines too. If Tywin had any glimmer of proof or suspicion that Tyrion isn't his, he would have cast him out long ago.

Was any reason given as to why tywin was not hand of the king during Roberts rebellion? Perhaps because he suspected aerys raped his wife?

Pretty sure it was because Aerys had Jaime join Kingsguard thus robbing Tywin of his heir.

Not only that, but the combination of several factors.

1. Aerys denying Rhaegar to him.
2. The constant jealousy and paranoia of Aerys.
3. Jaime joining the Kingguard.

You can't blame him for actually leaving.

If you look at Tywin in a slightly different way, GRRM was asked about Tywin being a villain in a recent interview, and he correctly said he wasn't, he was just trying to do what he believed was correct.

Tywin actually has his head in the sand, about Jamie and Cersei relationship, he may have a slight suspicion, that Aerys raped his wife, but again chooses to ignore it.

We are lead to believe that, Tywin has a problem with Tyrion, mainly because he's a dwarf, but is this really ever mentioned?

It would be a clever little twist, if GRRM somehow says he didn't care about him being a dwarf, the underlying problem was that he wasn't sure if he was his son.

Also, I think a lot of this story was told to us back at the start, and Tyrion spent a lot of time with Jon Snow, on the road and at castle black, why?

To get Tyrion on a different journey, away from Cersei and Jamie, but also so he knows Jon Snow when they meet up again, towards the end of the story and they are both revealed to be Targ's and join up with Dany.

I know I'm think about this far too much, I have kind of guessed, what I think the endings are for most characters, apart from Sansa, I think she kills Littlefinger, but what after that, could she actually have amassed an army with Littlefinger, and take the throne, while a battle of Ice and Fire is killing all of it's participants. This is the only end I can think of for Sansa? and no, I don't think she will marry the Hound.

If you look at Tywin in a slightly different way, GRRM was asked about Tywin being a villain in a recent interview, and he correctly said he wasn't, he was just trying to do what he believed was correct.

I don't think I ever classified any of the characters in ASOIAF as villains bar The Others. They are all far too much of a simply flawed human to be villains.

Tywin actually has his head in the sand, about Jamie and Cersei relationship, he may have a slight suspicion, that Aerys raped his wife, but again chooses to ignore it.

He does for the first. For the second, Aerys took some liberties during Joanna's bedding. We know that much.

We are lead to believe that, Tywin has a problem with Tyrion, mainly because he's a dwarf, but is this really ever mentioned?

Yes. Several times.

It would be a clever little twist, if GRRM somehow says he didn't care about him being a dwarf, the underlying problem was that he wasn't sure if he was his son.

It is an even better thing if it were to turn out that Tyrion is actually his only child whereas Cersei and Jaime aren't. Tyrion is by far the one most like Tywin. You can argue nature vs nurture there, but in this case, I'm rather convinced it is both.

Also, I think a lot of this story was told to us back at the start, and Tyrion spent a lot of time with Jon Snow, on the road and at castle black, why?

Because their interaction was interesting and gave us a nice way of fleshing them out with the contrasts and comparisons of their status in their respective households without the Stark/Lannister prejudice shrouding out judgement.

To get Tyrion on a different journey, away from Cersei and Jamie, but also so he knows Jon Snow when they meet up again, towards the end of the story and they are both revealed to be Targ's and join up with Dany.

I seriously doubt Tyrion is a Targ if nothing then because I want him to be Tywin's son and I never got a Targ vibe from Tyrion. There is too little to imply he is one so far.

I don't particularly, like the thought of Tyrion being a Targ, but you wouldn't be able to top, dany, Jon and Tyrion flying on the back of dragons together.

I've also been reading about, Joanna lannister, Aerys liked her from when he was young, as said by barristan, and Aerys was also unhappy about his marriage, also information about Joanna is vague.

It would only take one chapter to make Tyrion a targ, maybe a barristan and Tyrion conversation.

God, no, please. No more Targaryens. Aegon, Daenerys and, possibly, Jon are enough.

We all have a bit of dragon's blood withing ourselves.

I too really hope that Tyrion is NOT a Targaryan. I like the idea that Jaime and Cersei are Targs, but not Tyrion. I have been trying to work out the timeline to prove that Joanna was nowhere near Aerys 9 months before Tyrion was born, but I haven't quite figured out all the details. I will update if I find anything.

I don't see that it means anything even if Jamie and Cersei are Targaryans, I don't see them jumping on to the backs of dragons, but Tyrion I do.

If you could workout where Joanna Lannister was, that would be very impressive.

So the information I was able to glean has not been very helpful, however, as far as I can tell, joanna Lannister stayed at Casterly Rock after she was married to Tywin. She did spend some time in KL prior, as a lady in waiting to, then, princess Rhaella (aerys' future wife). I can't find a specific year for when Tywin and Joanna were married, though one page on a Wiki of Ice and Fire had suggested that Aerys was not yet king at tywin and Joanna's marriage. If that is the case, Tywin and Joanna were married for at least 5 years before they had Cersei and Jaime.

The following information is based on the timelines in A wiki.

242 – Tywin Lannister is Born
259 – Aerys and Rhaella are married
262 – Aerys is Crowned – Tywin becomes Hand of the King
266- Birth of Cersei and Jaime
267 – Tytos dies, Tywin becomes Lord of Casterly Rock
??? – the destruction of house Rayne and house Castamere
273 or 274 – Tyrion is born – Joanna Lannister dies at Casterly Rock
276 – Tourney for king Aerys II in Lannisport
278 – Cersei first goes to Kings Landing
281 – Tourney at Harrenhall – Jaime is inducted – Tywin Quits and bring Cersei back home (she is 15)

Much of the information I found seems to be contradictory. Like, wiki pages say that Aerys picked Tywin as hand of the King AFTER Tywin dealt with the rebellion of the Reynes and Tarbecks, but when Aerys was crowned, Tytos was still alive and apparently Tywin was his frist hand. In short (long) I have no proof that Tywin is, or is not, Aegon's son. I have however developed a theory after all of this research. If Tywin and Joanna didn't have children for the first 5 years of their marriage, it might be that Tywin, like Jon Arryn, had some problems with fertility. If that were the case, it would make sense if Jaime and Cersei are the product of King Aerys, but that Tyrion was Tywin's trueborn child who was born with birth defects, kind of like Jon Arryn's son.

So the information I was able to glean has not been very helpful, however, as far as I can tell, joanna Lannister stayed at Casterly Rock after she was married to Tywin. She did spend some time in KL prior, as a lady in waiting to, then, princess Rhaella (aerys' future wife). I can't find a specific year for when Tywin and Joanna were married, though one page on a Wiki of Ice and Fire had suggested that Aerys was not yet king at tywin and Joanna's marriage. If that is the case, Tywin and Joanna were married for at least 5 years before they had Cersei and Jaime.

I'm not sure if this may help, but Cersei references that her mother caught her and Jaime together when they were children in Casterly Rock and had them separated, but that she never got around to telling their father as she died from childbirth before her father returned. I am 75% sure that Cersei references her age when her mother caught her and Jaime so if you can find it, I think it would be helpful. It is definitely a chapter in AFFC, one of the early ones. I am also 50% sure that Cersei says that her mother had been at home for a while before she caught them.

Much of the information I found seems to be contradictory. Like, wiki pages say that Aerys picked Tywin as hand of the King AFTER Tywin dealt with the rebellion of the Reynes and Tarbecks, but when Aerys was crowned, Tytos was still alive and apparently Tywin was his frist hand. In short (long) I have no proof that Tywin is, or is not, Aegon's son. I have however developed a theory after all of this research. If Tywin and Joanna didn't have children for the first 5 years of their marriage, it might be that Tywin, like Jon Arryn, had some problems with fertility. If that were the case, it would make sense if Jaime and Cersei are the product of King Aerys, but that Tyrion was Tywin's trueborn child who was born with birth defects, kind of like Jon Arryn's son.

Not a half bad theory. I think it may hold true in the end as Martin likes to repeat motifs in his story as a way to foreshadow revelations.

Tywin being Aegon's son? Well, this is certainly the first time I hear that theory. Not that bad of a theory, but GRRM has left in shadows a lot that occurred between Tywin, his wife and Aerys II.

At this rate, I might start believing that Sam is Rhaegar's missing son.

I've very impressed with the work going on here, but you do seem to not want to believe that Tyrion is a targ. Which is understandable, but I'm getting more convinced he is.

So if you think he's not, who's going to ride the three dragons, currently Tyrion is sitting closest to the two spare ones?

I hope I'm not sounding, too argumentative, I'm not meaning to be, I'm just curious to what everyone's thinking is, and this site is the most knowledgeable people I've spoke to about GOT. I got feed up on the other sites talking about the hound and Sansa love affair.