Outlander

Wow! This week's episode is really graphic and harrowing. Black Jack Randall is a sociopathic SOB - and even as a reader, I didn't really comprehend how much of a sociopath he was until this episode graphically laid it all out for the viewer.

Apart from that, the final scene was hilarious - all Claire's micro-expressions (especially at Jamie's punchline of "I reckon one of us should ken what we're doing") is priceless!

Tobias Menzies was excellent in this episode. His Black Jack is scary as hell. He was good in Doctor Who and Game of Thrones but this performance was on a whole different level.

I agree this was a great episode. Although as an Englishman I take issue with the massively stereotypical portrayal of the English officers. But this is a prevailing view, and it's entirely possible that a proportion of English officers were snobbish a-holes given this is the portrayal shown over and over again - no smoke without fire?!

Are all English/British officers so posh that they're oblivious to the realities of life? Hmmm

WOW!!! This episode with Black Jack blew me away, what an emotionally well written and acted episode.

Just too bad my bonnie Scotland didn't vote for independence, I was rooting for my fellow kinsmen from across the pond.

So. Jamie and Claire are getting hitched in this weekend's episode.

And a million ovaries all over the world will be exploding.

Me? I reserve judgement until I've watched the episode LOL! :p

Ah! Last night's episode was excellent! They somehow managed to make the sex scenes NOT gratuitous - always a plus!

Also - Dougal is really turning into a multi-faceted anti-hero...

Yeah I enjoyed this episode too, it was a realistic portrayal of a young lad who knows little about what he's doing, and a woman who doesn't want to be there but eventually accepts him and shows him a trick or 2!

The line where he thought they'd do it "like horses" was hilarious. And you're right that Dougal is a really fun/nasty character who could have been the bad guy of the show, but is downright sympathetic compared to Randall (attempted rape notwithstanding).

Yeah I enjoyed this episode too, it was a realistic portrayal of a young lad who knows little about what he's doing, and a woman who doesn't want to be there but eventually accepts him and shows him a trick or 2!

The line where he thought they'd do it "like horses" was hilarious.

Yah, and Dougal's use of the phrase "grinding your corn" in episode 6 had me in stitches! :D

Another action packed episode for what seems to be the last one for a while... resuming in April apparently! Maybe the UK can catch up meanwhile (assuming anyone's planning to pick the show up over here)..

Enjoyed seeing Frank's side of things this week, the almost-reunion at Crag-na-dun, and the shades of Black Jack that come through when Frank's provoked..

Horrendous week for Claire, sexually assaulted twice and back in the hands of Black Jack again.

What an ending to the mid-season finale!

Jamie bursting in just as BJR was about to rape Claire, and saying (all steely-eyed): "I'll thank ye to let go of my wife."

Total hero moment right there. And one that's difficult to pull off without looking ridiculous. Acting, timing, and editing has to be right on.

yeah that was a well executed moment... but what can he really do with a blade at his wife's neck? And by neck I mean breast, obviously ;)

I was impressed with the first half season. It exceeded expectations and felt "real". Just enough fish-out-of-watery-ness, 18th Century Scottish life, evil English soldiers and love/anguish. Elements combined cleverly with the awesome Scottish scenery and music to really keep my attention.

I was impressed with the first half season. It exceeded expectations and felt "real". Just enough fish-out-of-watery-ness, 18th Century Scottish life, evil English soldiers and love/anguish. Elements combined cleverly with the awesome Scottish scenery and music to really keep my attention.

Have you started reading the books? They are good - hefty tomes - but well-researched and excellent.

As for the answer to your first question - you'll see :)

No doubt there's be some easy way out of the cliffhanger, but maybe they'll do something original with that setup - we shall see!

Not read the books, but I'm sure the subject would make for a good read!

No doubt there's be some easy way out of the cliffhanger, but maybe they'll do something original with that setup - we shall see!

Not read the books, but I'm sure the subject would make for a good read!

Haha! I know exactly what's coming. It's going to be controversial.

Yes - Gabaldon writes bloody good doorstops. It can sometimes be a bit of a trudge but it's packed with action and intrigue.