ereader covers

Mouse

I know we've shared photos of our actual bookshelves, so how about pics of our virtual ones? ;)

I got this cover for my Kindle for my birthday:

Let's see yours!

I have the kindle app on my cell phone and samsung tablet so I don't have a cover! Actually I've never seen those kind of things so I didn't know they existed.

It's a really nice one, it makes the Kindle look like an actual book.

Munch, I think I have the same one. All the cool kids have it ;)

Unfortunately I have the official boring black one, for which I paid the ransom of about £35 back in the day! Nice to see you have an original Kindle like mine, i'm half hoping it breaks so I can justify getting another, but its been pretty bulletproof so far :/

Unfortunately I have the official boring black one, for which I paid the ransom of about £35 back in the day! Nice to see you have an original Kindle like mine, i'm half hoping it breaks so I can justify getting another, but its been pretty bulletproof so far :/

I've been half wanting that too - only they got rid of the page turning tabs on the side in the new ones - its all this touch screen malarkey. I also still can't understand why Amazon hasn't let us use our currently read book be the front cover on the kindle itself!

My cover is a standard dull black flip over one, though I know its too big for the newer kindles without their keyboards so I might upgrade oneday - one day - if the thing ever breaks ;) (course if it does it will break in a month were I don't have the spare cash for a new one of course)

I bought my actual Kindle off ebay for £40 and it came with 1300 books already on it. The Klevercases come in different sizes, so will fit the newer ones too - they have holes at the bottom for the charger and on-off button, and molded rubber at the sides for the page-turning tabs. They're really well made.

Mine has no cover, which is why it was scratched when I dropped it on a paving slab last night. :(

But it still works. :)

I have no cover for my Kindle. When I picked it up while reading this thread the "special offer" was a "leather" (not from a cow? Doesn't that make it plastic?) cover. For the ridiculously low price of $34.99. Which makes it nearly half the price of the Kindle its covering? Needless to say I didn't order one.

I like to stick my kindle in my pants pocket. Yes, it fits! And with a cover it wouldn't be that easy to do.

I have a plain black one for my Sony that opens over the top like a notebook. I prefer this to the book style opening because it also acts as a support letting me read without having to actually hold the reader. Not particularly pretty but very handy!

I read in bed so holding the kindle like I'd hold a book is no bother to me!

I also read a lot in bed when my reader stands on my belly requiring no holding at all. I'm just lazy I guess! :D

I find a Kindle (or other generic e-reader) great for when im shaving - prop it on the bed pillows, lay down in front and have a lazy shave. Books are a pain for this as you have to prop the pages open with something, making turning the pages a bit of a bugger too.

That is one thing I do love - that and really big thick book don't weigh any more than small ones! I recall reading Reality Dysfunction and sometimes I had to stop (esp nearer the start and finish) because my fingers were getting worn out holding the book.

I'm looking at making a cover because:
1) They are crazy price
2) Most are soft so only protect from a scratch. I want robust hard one.
3) Few are suitable for DX.

I gave my regular kindle to wife and got a Kindle DX so I can read old scanned technical books, data sheets etc which are all usually image based PDFs, so even with my PDF to eBook tools useless on regular ebooks. Try reading a PDF from a scanned scanned 3 column magasine on less than 1200 pixel high LCD or Kindle DX.

I really wish that Amazon improves the kindle in relation to images - currently its a bit like microsoft word - it can "do" images but by heck it makes a mess of things!

I'm looking at making a cover because:
1) They are crazy price.

Where are you looking?! Amazon have a ton of cheap ones. I just did a quick search for Kindle DX cover and one of the top results is £5.50. If you look on eBay there's tons.