Outstanding Marvel storylines?

Brian G Turner

Fantasist & Futurist
Staff member
Supporter
It was a surprise to me that Frank Miller's Daredevil: Born Again ran in the normal comics.

Are there any other outstanding Marvel stories I should take a look at?

I have not read a marvel comic in a long time, so not really up to date but I remember the best story I read was the x-cutioners song.

Now that is a good question, and as soon as I saw it might mind went blank.

There is the Dark Phoenix Saga (X-Men) and it's precursor The Proteus Saga (Which in some ways I prefer).

More recently there was the Dark Angel Saga that ran in X-Force. It was low-key in the grand scheme of things, which is probably why it was so good.

The first few Ultimates graphic novels are superb (the ones by Mark Millar and Bryan Hitch).

Virtually any of the Daredevil run started by Kevin Smith, through Brian Michael Bendis and then Ed Brubaker

JMS reworking of Thor was pretty good.

The current All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men by Bendis have been superb, and although I'm not sure whether they have released any graphic novels yet but the current Magneto storyline has caught everyone by surprise and is really good (price of first issue has sky-rocketed).

As to anything that can match Born Again or Frank Miller, that's a little trickier!

I'll keep thinking...

Outside of Marvel, and very adult there is Uber. I have to keep pushing it as it is just super.

Back