Zeno is open again

alchemist

Be pure. Be vigilant. Beware.
And looking for...

Crossover fiction – especially thrillers with a sci-fi, fantasy or horror twist.
Horror – both adult and YA – so long as it’s about the characters
Accessible science fiction – no tech-heavy, military or hard SF
Thrillers
Epic fantasy

None of which is mine :mad: but I've tweeted them to ask if they'll pretty please let me submit

Submission Guidelines | Zeno Agency Ltd.

You have an accessible science fiction too. And B is def a cross-over. Go for it!

They already rejected the SF, I'm afraid. Which is a pity because it really was accessible. I'll have a shot at crossover, then. The worst that can happen is they turn me down. Thanks, ladies.

Does anyone know how long they tend to open for? I have a manuscript that is complete but still being polished. They requested a full of mine last year but that was urban fantasy and this is epic.

I have a feeling it was a matter of months last time. But now they specify "brief". I say polish the first 50 pages and submit now; worry about the full later.

Zeno have just marked a monumental moment in my aspiration to become a published author, my first rejection. Woohoo. John Wordsworth’s reply to my submission was very kind and encouraging, and when I replied thanking him for this milestone he even to took the time to reply “a dubious honour and good luck on your journey”. Nice chap.

I submitted on 17th August and the reply was 4th September for those waiting. Pretty quick I think.

Off to submit to others.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Mark

Thanks Springs. Oh, and thank you for pointing me in the direction of the Literary Rejections website in one of your posts. A brilliant resource that.