Looking for 80's? SciFi Novel

Browny

Stumbled across this forum whilst conducting another search for a book I read back in the 80's. Details may be sketchy and possibly mixed with other stories, its a long time and a LOT of books ago!

Set on a future Earth taken over by an alien race. Humans reduced to prisoners/cattle? (memories of a bunch being kept in a fenced area ala pow's) The aliens have stripped most of the planets resources and are now turning to any buried refuse sites etc to remove all metals for their use.

I recall part of the plot where the aliens have a small base and are tunneling into a hill trying to reach what turns out to be an old army weapons cache.
Our guy (human/ish) manages to get into the base through the hill? (not realising the value/use of the weapons crated up in the cave thing) where he finds a clinic of sorts where the aliens are force breeding the humans and modifying the offspring? He discovers he has 3 dots on his arm like the modified babies and must be one himself.

I think there are chases, fights etc that lead through radioactive hot zones so he can escape. Though I may be mixing this in from another plot?

Any assistance would be great, this has been nagging me off and on for years.

I have read a lot of the other queries on the forum also, but they are not what I am looking for, nor have I been able to help anyone else..... yet!

Welcome to the Chrons Browny.

As you say it was a long time ago, but for some reason it triggers my memory too. For some reason the book that springs to mind is Battlefield Earth by L Ron Hubbard.

Thanks for the welcome.

I just took a look at a few pages of Battlefield, fits what I have posted but its not the one unfortunately.

The search goes on.........

Ok, someone on another forum has suggested Alien Citadel and Creatures of the Claw by Douglas Hill.

I think these 2 are the ones I have been searching for!

Lets see if I can return the favour for someone else!

Back