4.10 The Children

Culhwch

Lost Boy
Circumstances change after an unexpected arrival from north of the Wall. Daenerys must face harsh realities. Bran learns more about his destiny. Tyrion sees the truth about his situation.

Aww mannnnn, I been hoping for a big reveal at the end of this episode all series! :(

That aside, it was a fine episode to end the series, with one or two moments that will even surprise the book readers - (spoilers up to the end of ADwD)
so much for Jojen Reed!; from Qyburn's mad scientist moment, do we have confirmation that The Mountain is indeed Ser Robert Strong? Not that we need it, but nice to have

I really enjoyed Stannis' army charging in (though I don't see why we couldn't have had it in an extra ten or fifteen minutes at the end of last week), and it was a nice touch to have Jon Snow take Ygritte's body to the real North to burn (something I don't remember happening in the books).

I've got a few friends who have been complaining to me about all the deaths of 'good' guys (and it's something that you'll find repeated all over the Internet. We've even got some fairly amusing comics of GRRM as Tyrion's beetle-smashing cousin), who have all said that they refuse to watch any more if Tyrion is executed this week. Hopefully they'll be appeased by Tyrion's arc.

Very much looking forward to Arya's story next series!

All in all a pretty good episode I thought. I loved Tywin's final moments. I especially liked that Tyrion reloaded the crossbow to shoot him a second time. In the books he only shoots Tywin once and is almost shocked that he actually went through with it. In the show it seemed very deliberate, and I loved Dinkledge in that scene. The way he calmly reloaded the crossbow was almost chilling...

One BIG beef. what the HELL was going on with those skeletons? this may seem trivial, but I can accept undead Zombie-wights but I draw the line at fighting skeletons. What is this, the Evil Dead? and I really disliked the Child of the Forest throwing fireballs like that. It all seemed so eighties! that whole scene was a huge disappointment to me. The rest of the episode was solid though.

I don't remember any of the skeleton stuff in the books, or Jojen dying. (Unless it's in ADWD? I've not read that one yet).

Loved Meera kicking ass. Totally in love with Brienne too.

I don't like Tyrion. I just don't. I don't really understand why he's so popular. Just not my sort of character, I guess.

I actually liked Cersei in this episode, I thought she kicked ass too, but in a different way to Meera and Brienne.

I thought this was a good final episode. To say I was surprised at a couple of the story arcs would be to put it mildly.

Job Snow really grew as a character in this series as did all the other younger characters.

That fight scene between Brienne and The Hound was particularly brutal, almost as good as last weeks dual.

The long wait starts for the next season, the only consolation being that at least we know when that is coming unlike the next damned book.

I'll admit to being mildly underwhelmed. I already knew Tywin died (you know who you are! :p ) so had made a correct guess as to whodunnit.

Otherwise, glad Tyrion made it out alive, and Jon developed, but thought the Hound's exit was somewhat pointless, picking a fight with someone he didn't need to fight with.

One BIG beef. what the HELL was going on with those skeletons? this may seem trivial, but I can accept undead Zombie-wights but I draw the line at fighting skeletons. What is this, the Evil Dead? and I really disliked the Child of the Forest throwing fireballs like that. It all seemed so eighties! that whole scene was a huge disappointment to me. The rest of the episode was solid though.

Yeah, I agree. That whole sequence was not particularly consistent with the tone of the rest of the show.

Otherwise, glad Tyrion made it out alive, and Jon developed, but thought the Hound's exit was somewhat pointless, picking a fight with someone he didn't need to fight with.

To be fair, he did think she was there to collect the bounty on his head, and there was evidence to support that theory - the Lannister gold chiefly. The Hound doesn't trust easily, and that's why he has survived so long.

To be fair, he did think she was there to collect the bounty on his head, and there was evidence to support that theory - the Lannister gold chiefly. The Hound doesn't trust easily, and that's why he has survived so long.

Live by the sword etc etc, but it would only have taken one of the four people present (well, maybe not Pod) to say "Hold on, the potential consequences of aggression here are clearly disproportionate to the evidence base behind this conflict" for it to come to a halt. Or something like that.

TYSHA WAS NOT A WHORE!!! Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I'm shocked they left this little piece of information out. It was the main reason Tyrion went looking for Tywin in the first place.

Jojen dying has actually been a theory that's been floating around for a few years now, guess we finally know for sure!

I would have loved to see Pod come out with that. And then they just both look at him, and fight anyway.

Very likely. I was a little suprised that Arya didn't speak up but I think she distrusted Brienne because she was working for Jaime. We all know it is not as simple as that, but that would be hard to explain to Sandor and Arya.

I think Brienne was gearing up for a fight no matter what, because she wanted Arya. I liked that Sandor stood up for her too. He has realized now that there is no way he is going to get any money for her, but he is protecting her nonetheless. I have mixed feelings about Arya refusing to give him the gift of death. On one hand it seemed very cold and inconsiderate, but on the other, it leaves us with some hope that he survives somehow to finally get revenge on his Brother.

Love Sandor, both as a book character and the TV adaptation.

I think the story arc that Arya was on would always lead her to that pivotal moment with The Hound. It is another mile stone on the route to what she is to become...and I shall say no more :)

TYSHA WAS NOT A WHORE!!! Sorry, had to get that off my chest. I'm shocked they left this little piece of information out. It was the main reason Tyrion went looking for Tywin in the first place.
She was originally with a Knight as a whore before Tyrion brought her to his side, by virtue of being rich. Then clearly she still is as was with Tywin.

Absolutely! In the show it is as if Tyrion killed Tywin mainly because of Shae, it spoilt the whole effect. How could GRRM allow this? :(

I've read the books but don't really remember a great deal, so my memory of Tysha is pretty poor. So when I watched the show, my understanding was that he killed Tywin cos of how he's been treated in general. Nothing to do with any whores.