SEX Filled (erotic) Science Fiction/alien novel HELP

edisin

Hello all - Please see if you can answer this question -
I read a novel around 1983 - 85 that I thought was a nominee for a hugo award, but I could be mistaken - however, here is the basic plot (from memory 30 years later) -

plot - A detective in a future Los Angeles, where everyone in the city must wear a respirator and sunblock, set on a missing persons case that leads him to uncover a cult that is made up of popular horror creatures (wolfman, vampire, ghosts, etc) that are actually aliens from another planet that were shipwrecked on earth. They have to have sex, often and if they can achieve the right frequency their orb or lamp or something will send a distress beacon and they will be rescued -

characters I remember -

Ghost which flirts with detective and seduces him, materializes a little more after each orgasm (something to do with his semen).

strange woman that has another being living inside of her that resembles a snake (detective finds this out while having sex and feeling something in his anus, when he looks down he sees the snake like creature which has a face - later he pulls the snake like creature which come out of the woman's vagina and she breaks into several pieces on the floor).

I could go on - but I think these are the bigger characters -

so if anyone can remember the title of this book I would really appreciate it - I have tried to search based on the plot to no avail - thanks and happy reading -

I remember reading it years ago. Can't remember author or title.

Just Googled "hugo award vampire werewolf ghost sex", found this:

"Private dick Herald Childe is sent a snuff movie of his partner being brutally murdered. His pursuit of her killers leads him into a waking nightmare of sexual brutality and supernatural bestiality, as he becomes entangled with sex-starved she-ghosts, snake-women and a filthy human sow.In "Image of the Beast" and its sequel "Blown" both published in this volume-"

By Philip Jose Farmer, published January 1st 1979 by Playboy Press.

ISBN 0872165574 (ISBN13: 9780872165571)

From your description, it's definitely the two books by Philip Jose Farmer.

Image of the Beast & Blown