Help needed! Comic con etiquette

Jo Zebedee

Aliens vs Belfast.
Supporter
The Springs Family are on their way to a comic con next week. My teen is keen to get dressed up* for it but wonders if that's what others do - she knows people do in america.

Anyone been to a comic con or its ilk in the UK? What's the norm?

*I've told her I'll go as a sff writer and shove a pen behind my ear. ;) :)

Have fun. Geekfest in London was great and though not "comic con" the outfits made the atmosphere so much more fun, great ice breakers too.

"Look at that, look its... (insert any number of comic/tv/book/crossover/steampunk/cybermash up here)"
"OMG YOU CAN TELL WHO I AM!!" *much squee*
"I love that series..."
"My favourite bit is...."
Hours later... you discover you've missed the panel, the panel you came for.

I'm taking the kids to a local one in July. Both very excited, so I understand exactly where you are right now! :D

My son wanted to do the full-blown cosplayer thing but fortunately he backed down. I was not looking forward to producing his choice of costume!!!

Apparently Becky is going as a scene-Zombie. I really have no idea what that is. My little one has huge eyes so we might turn her into something anime-ish. I'm probably not going ott but have some marvel stuff knocking around I might dig out, as does Mr Springs.

It sounds great fun - robot wars and what not, so I'm sure it'll be a fun day out. :)

We went today and had a great day. Lots of cosplay which the girls enjoyed, I got a chance to network with some local sci fi writers and publishers and, all in all, lots of fun. :)