Discussion thread -- SEVENTY-FIVE WORD WRITING CHALLENGE May 2014

The Cat posted already. The Zebra is going to dither around for 22 1/2 more days. :D

Heh heh.

Ah, Cat's is in. So far the muse hasn't struck me yet. I thought I would have come up with something quickly, because I really like the theme and genre.

Hmm...:rolleyes:

You'll do it, Starbeast! You'll be driving soon, or walking, and something will just pop into your mind, and there will be your story! Always seems to work that way for me, I think! :)
Looking forward to your entry!!! CC

Heh heh.

Ah, Cat's is in. So far the muse hasn't struck me yet. I thought I would have come up with something quickly, because I really like the theme and genre.

Hmm...:rolleyes:

I like the theme and genre, too, but am stuck for inspiration! Have sketched out a couple of ideas, but they're just now working... Ah, well, there's time!

Hey Juliana! Looking forward to seeing your entry! Inspiration strikes at the most unexpected of times, so here's hoping you're struck soon! :)

Thanks for posting, too, about the genre/theme...I had been really worried that it was too boring, or something. But it's really nice knowing when someone approves of the choices...I'm feeling a bit parental about this! :) Best of luck with the story, CC

Bowler1 -- In the tradition of the ancient writers of the satyr plays, the author takes an epic theme and reduces it to hilarity.

A. Fare Wells -- In a highly convincing manner, this eerie tale creates a strong sense of paranoia in the reader.

JonH -- A cleverly designed plot serves to point out the age-old wisdom that one should expect the unexpected.

springs -- By depicting the intimate emotions of a single person during a crisis, the author reaches into the reader's heart.

Cat's Cradle -- Tragic irony fills this account of thoughtless cruelty and wasted lives.

AnyaKimlin -- Concepts from pulp science fiction are used to weave a naughty joke.

farntfar -- The author has a great deal of fun with this tangled tale with a self-referential twist at the end.

Aun Doorback -- Like a scene lifted from a nightmare, this story creates terror out of the ordinary.

The Storyteller -- The horror of losing one's identity is vividly portrayed in this frightening story.

Serendipity -- In a very short space the author has prepared a series of surprises for the delighted reader.

telford -- The transformation from an ordinary human being into a hero is realistically portrayed in this stirring tale.

Karn Maeshalanadae -- A powerful allegory of warfare lies within this grim story.

Khayos -- With sly wit, the author plays with our expectations.

StilLearning -- This exciting tale of adventure captures the thrills of the best of classic pulp fiction.

Tywin -- The game of politics is examined with a critical eye in this story full of ironies.

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice review, Victoria! I know how busy you must be, but I am always so glad when I come here and see that you have posted reviews! They're all terrific!! :) CC

ps--forgive me, what a selfish post by me...your own story was lovely...very well written, and very moving, well done VS!

Last edited:
Thank you for your review, Victoria.

And I must say, I like your entry very much.

cornelius -- A bit of popular culture serves as the cherry on top of the whipped cream in this light-hearted offering.

mosaix -- A tongue-in-cheek touch of Swiftian satire is used to deflate our pretentions of glory.

Thank you Victoria for another lovely review!
On that note, I loved your entry, it has been one of my faves so far! Cat's Cradle, I also very much enjoyed yours!
Lots of good entries all around, looking forward to reading more. :)

Nah. It's just after I wrote it, I wished I hadn't, because I thought of lots of other things I wished I'd written instead. I'm one of these people who too often posts first and thinks after.
I understand you! I haven't been on chrons long enough for it to apply exactly for chron writing challenges, but I find that in writing I often send something in or post it or do some irreversible action, and then shortly after think, 'oh shoot! Why did I do that? Or why didn't I do this?

For the record, I liked your 75 worder, and I also love your avatar!

Back