Self publishing and self promotion

I had an idea to include an excerpt from another author's comedy in the back of Sir Edric's Temple, and have that reciprocated, but unfortunately that didn't come off.

I do think that sort of thing is worth a crack, provided the books/series involved have a good deal of overlap (one suspects a politically correct comedy would not be a good fit for my stuff).

With a trilogy it could be even better. For example, book 1 (of mine) could have an excerpt from author A's first trilogy entry in the back, book 2 one from author B, and book 3 one from author C. And A, B and C could reciprocate, so each of four authors gets a plug from three others.

Here's a quick thought - why don't the chronners self-pubbed authors all come together to put a a slew of first chapters into a single book - the more, the better. Then release it for free. That way, people would be able to sample lots of work all at once, and be able to chase up any that appealed?

Here's a quick thought - why don't the chronners self-pubbed authors all come together to put a a slew of first chapters into a single book - the more, the better. Then release it for free. That way, people would be able to sample lots of work all at once, and be able to chase up any that appealed?

That's a good idea. I'm going to start a thread titled "First Chapter Self-Pubbers" if anyone's interested in discussing it further.

Back