HBO confirm 7 seasons for TV show, GRRM certain he can get Book 6 out first

Am I wrong or is Oberyn channeling Inigo Montoya?

Oberyn: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the Mountain and say, "Hello. My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister. Prepare to die."
Bronn: You've done nothing but study sword-play?
Oberyn: More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Tyrion to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

Boaz: It was ten days to the wedding. The King still lived, but Sansa's nightmares were growing steadily worse.
Nephew: See didn't I tell you she'd never marry that rotten Joffrey.
Boaz: Yes, you're very smart. Shut up.

Nephew: Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a f***ing book?

Oberyn: I'm going to duel him left-handed.
Tyrion: You know what a hurry we're in!
Oberyn: Well, is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.
Tyrion: Oh, have it your way.

Dany: Are you Barristan "Freaking" Selmy who worked for the king all those years?
Barristan: The King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed.
Jorah: Ever since Joffrey fired him, his confidence has been shattered.
Barristan: Why'd you say that name? You promised me you would never say that name!
Jorah: What, Joffrey?
Barristan: Aahaahh!
Jorah: Joffrey! Joffrey! Joffrey!
Barristan: I'm not listening!

Mountain: It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Oberyn: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Mountain: Then why are you smiling?
Oberyn: Because I know something you don't know.
Mountain: And what is that?
Oberyn: I... am not left-handed... and my spear is poisoned.

Qyburn: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.
Cersei: He's dead. He can't talk.
Qyburn: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Cersei: What's that?
Qyburn: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Nephew: They're f***ing again. Do we have to read the f***ing parts?
Boaz: Someday you might not mind so much.

Darkstar: You are sure nobody's follow' us?
Arianne: As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable. No one in King's Landing knows what we've done, and no one in Sunspear could have gotten here so fast. - Out of curiosity, why do you ask?
Darkstar: No reason. It's only... I just happened to look ahead of us and something is there.
Arianne: What? Probably some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night... in... eel-infested waters...

And... from Pulp Fiction...

Dany: What is your name?
Drogo: Drogo.
Dany: What does it mean?
Drogo: I'm Dothraki, honey. Our names don't mean s***.

Tyrion: I think I cracked a rib.
Shae: Giving me oral pleasure?
Tyrion: No, retard, from the fight.

Brienne: Whose sword is this?
Jaime: It's Valyrian Steel, baby.
Brienne: Whose Valyrian Steel is this?
Jaime: It's Ned's.
Brienne: Who's Ned?
Jaime: Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead.

So....

You know you'll now be thinking it as you watch him fight the Mountain. Your wife will ask, "Why are you chuckling during this combat for Tyrion's life?" And you'll have to say, "There's this idiot online....."

Last edited:
Boaz, once again I find myself wanting a 'like' button for the chrons.

Since you filled a page with goodness, let me do my thing and point out the only things that I didn't agree with:

1) Wasn't Oberyn's sexuality specifically mentioned in his introduction in the books? It seems like I remember something like "... a multitude of young women, and even some young men too..." or somesort. Definitely not a hugely distracting component of the character, but that's HBO for you.

2) What did you think the walkers did with little babies left out for them?

Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to say. For me the big spoiler in the most recent episode was the fact that they named the character in the credits, and that throws a big monkey wrench into one of the prevailing theories about Coldhands. Did anybody already mention this? I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't see it or haven't heard, because it's something that has a significant impact on the books (I think).

Am I wrong or is Oberyn channeling Inigo Montoya?

Oberyn: I was eleven years old. And when I was strong enough, I dedicated my life to the study of fencing. So the next time we meet, I will not fail. I will go up to the Mountain and say, "Hello. My name is Oberyn Martell. You killed my sister. Prepare to die."
Bronn: You've done nothing but study sword-play?
Oberyn: More pursue than study lately. You see, I cannot find him... it's been twenty years now and I'm starting to lose confidence. I just work for Tyrion to pay the bills. There's not a lot of money in revenge.

Boaz: It was ten days to the wedding. The King still lived, but Sansa's nightmares were growing steadily worse.
Nephew: See didn't I tell you she'd never marry that rotten Joffrey.
Boaz: Yes, you're very smart. Shut up.

Nephew: Hold it, hold it. What is this? Are you trying to trick me? Where's the sports? Is this a f***ing book?

Oberyn: I'm going to duel him left-handed.
Tyrion: You know what a hurry we're in!
Oberyn: Well, is only way I can be satisfied. If I use my right... over too quickly.
Tyrion: Oh, have it your way.

Dany: Are you Barristan "Freaking" Selmy who worked for the king all those years?
Barristan: The King's stinking son fired me, and thank you so much for bringing up such a painful subject. While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it? We're closed.
Jorah: Ever since Joffrey fired him, his confidence has been shattered.
Barristan: Why'd you say that name? You promised me you would never say that name!
Jorah: What, Joffrey?
Barristan: Aahaahh!
Jorah: Joffrey! Joffrey! Joffrey!
Barristan: I'm not listening!

Mountain: It's not my fault being the biggest and the strongest. I don't even exercise.

Oberyn: I admit it, you are better than I am.
Mountain: Then why are you smiling?
Oberyn: Because I know something you don't know.
Mountain: And what is that?
Oberyn: I... am not left-handed... and my spear is poisoned.

Qyburn: He probably owes you money huh? I'll ask him.
Cersei: He's dead. He can't talk.
Qyburn: Whoo-hoo-hoo, look who knows so much. It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Cersei: What's that?
Qyburn: Go through his clothes and look for loose change.

Nephew: They're f***ing again. Do we have to read the f***ing parts?
Boaz: Someday you might not mind so much.

Darkstar: You are sure nobody's follow' us?
Arianne: As I told you, it would be absolutely, totally, and in all other ways inconceivable. No one in King's Landing knows what we've done, and no one in Sunspear could have gotten here so fast. - Out of curiosity, why do you ask?
Darkstar: No reason. It's only... I just happened to look ahead of us and something is there.
Arianne: What? Probably some local fisherman, out for a pleasure cruise, at night... in... eel-infested waters...

And... from Pulp Fiction...

Dany: What is your name?
Drogo: Drogo.
Dany: What does it mean?
Drogo: I'm Dothraki, honey. Our names don't mean s***.

Tyrion: I think I cracked a rib.
Shae: Giving me oral pleasure?
Tyrion: No, retard, from the fight.

Brienne: Whose sword is this?
Jaime: It's Valyrian Steel, baby.
Brienne: Whose Valyrian Steel is this?
Jaime: It's Ned's.
Brienne: Who's Ned?
Jaime: Ned's dead, baby. Ned's dead.

So....

You know you'll now be thinking it as you watch him fight the Mountain. Your wife will ask, "Why are you chuckling during this combat for Tyrion's life?" And you'll have to say, "There's this idiot online....."
Holy crap, dude. LOL!!!!

For me the big spoiler in the most recent episode was the fact that they named the character in the credits, and that throws a big monkey wrench into one of the prevailing theories about Coldhands. Did anybody already mention this? I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't see it or haven't heard, because it's something that has a significant impact on the books (I think).
I missed it... and I did not have any alcohol during that episode. It was a first for me.

I'd prefer not to mention it for those who don't want to be spoiled, but the show may continue to press this story arc so it may be a moot point.

Last edited:
Yeah that's pretty much what I was going to say. For me the big spoiler in the most recent episode was the fact that they named the character in the credits, and that throws a big monkey wrench into one of the prevailing theories about Coldhands. Did anybody already mention this? I don't want to spoil it for those who didn't see it or haven't heard, because it's something that has a significant impact on the books (I think).

New thread? :)

I'd guess that jules saw the name of the actor who plays Benjen.....

I'm going to have to stop watching.

Write like the wind, George. Write like the wind!

I had already dropped the show and threatened to everyone who I know that is watching it a slow death if they drop anything about the show to me. xD

another thing I noticed in the show that I was UBER surprised had not been brought up on these chronicles was in epside 2, with Oberyn's introduction. He tells the story of what happened to his sister Elia, and he says that Rhaegar LEFT his sister for another woman and THAT started the war. It has been a topic of some debate about whether Rheagar married Lyanna or not. It seems like the show is making it pretty clear-cut that Rheagar abandoned his wife and eloped with Lyanna.

another thing I noticed in the show that I was UBER surprised had not been brought up on these chronicles was in epside 2, with Oberyn's introduction. He tells the story of what happened to his sister Elia, and he says that Rhaegar LEFT his sister for another woman and THAT started the war. It has been a topic of some debate about whether Rheagar married Lyanna or not. It seems like the show is making it pretty clear-cut that Rheagar abandoned his wife and eloped with Lyanna.
I did catch that and you're right. I think that's another critical reveal about Jon's parentage. It's a theory we're well familiar with of course, but for people who watch the show but haven't read the books....they haven't had any of Ned's fever visions or dreams revealed to them about his sister's final moments. This is the first reference to Lyanna since Robert slobbered on her tomb in Season 1. So I'm not sure the show-watchers would even realize Oberyn was talking about Rhaegar leaving Elia for Lyanna.

Hah! And ISIS is actually a nice organization preaching for peace.