Looking for a particular horror/science fiction graphic novel

Radis

Hi everyone,

I hope someone will be able to help me find the name of an amazing horror/graphic novel I read years ago and would love to have in my collection now.

Plot(as far as I remember):

In the future, a penal platoon of the European Union army
(now a totalitarian state) is sent through an opening in the sky to another dimension, opened after a scientific experiment gone wrong.
Shot in a shuttle towards it, they crash land, killing quiet a few of the soldiers.
The survivors, a bunch of misfits and criminals from different EU countries, inmediately find themselves in a weird, shifting, hostile environment, populated by aggressive and deadly looking strange floating monsters.
As they advance further and further in this dimension, everything turns more and more deadly and horrific.
Little by little, their numbers dwindling, they realise this place is like a giant organism reacting to their invasion....I can't remember the end.

I would be extremely grateful to anyone who could pinpoint me to the name of this graphic novel.
I have tried to search and research through the net but to no avail.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

It might be too late, but I'd like to help. However, a few more pointers would be helpful.

When was "years ago"? Thirty years ago? Five years ago? Did it look recent? Old school?

Was the graphic novel in English? Do you know if it was originally published in English or translated from another language? The French in particular have dozens (dare I say hundreds) of military SF graphic novels so I would actually be relieved if you told me it was an American or English publication.

Some of the elements you are talking about (band of military misfits and criminals who have escaped court-martial are sent into space to investigate an oddity) are reminiscent of Universal War: One, a French semi-recent series of graphic novels, but then again, there are other elements in your summary that suggest you're looking for something else (UW:1 is about a civil war and does not include floating monsters to my knowledge, and its characters are soldiers from the United Earth Forces, not the European Union Forces).

Let me know if you remember more about it.