The Best Writing Advice I Have Ever Seen

Rafellin

Independent Author & Publisher
Supporter

:)

I need one additional branch at the top that says "Are you stuck at work and just thinking about writing?" -> Yes: "Go home first, then start" -> No: ... the rest :)

Otherwise... sounds about right!

It's annoying. Work really gets in the way... obviously it pays the bills, but... guh... it's just nowhere near as satisfying!

And for the last couple of months it's been so frantic here that I've barely had time to think about my story, it's only a few weeks ago I came back to it properly.

... stupid work ;)

I have quite a lot of post-it notes with little scraps of ideas and plots for something else entirely, including race names and descriptions and all sorts of a more fantastical story than what I'm writing now. Honestly... if someone came along and went through my stuff, there would be questions, I'm sure! :)

I have quite a lot of post-it notes with little scraps of ideas and plots for something else entirely, including race names and descriptions and all sorts of a more fantastical story than what I'm writing now.

Gods but I know that one! In the end, it took me a week to scan twenty years of notes onto my system so I had everything - including the crappy sketches - available when I need some inspiration or to find that missing bit of prose.