Looking forward to in 2014

ratsy

What books are you all looking forward to in 2014?

I know I have a few pre-ordered

Words of Radiance - Brandon Sanderson
The Broken Eye - Brent Weeks
Half a King - Joe Abercrombie

Having heard Joe read from it at WorldCon, I'm looking forward to it too.

Very much looking forward to Gela's Ring from Chris Beckett, the follow up to Dark Eden.

Normally I wouldn't have a clue what's coming out in a given year, but seeing as they've already been mentioned, I'm keen on Abercrombie's offering (I also heard him read it at WFCon) especially as it's meant to be YA and my youngster is going through a reading spurt (what YA means to JA is another matter).

I'm also keen on Beckett's Gela's Ring - I really like Dark Eden.

I'm looking forward to The Collected Stories of Carol Emshwiller, Vol. 2. Of course, I was looking forward to it in 2012 and 2013, too. (I even pre-ordered before 12/6, stupidly believing it must come out for real this time and arrive before Christmas. Last time I ever pre-order anything. I honor the press for producing Vol.1 and despise it for its atrocious proofreading and schedule-keeping.)

Otherwise, I always look forward to the Dozois annual (#31 this time). And, while it probably wouldn't be a paperback until 2015, I hope Greg Egan has an interesting stand-alone novel or collection after his adventure in trilogy-making. And, while it is a series (are serieses), for military space opera, I look forward to the next paperbacks from Jack Campbell, especially the one from the Lost Stars branch (Perilous Shield).

I second Alc--I never know what's coming out lol If I see it and it looks good, I'll buy/library it.