Aliens - The Truth is Out There

Gary Compton

I miss you, wor kid.
Just like to announce the third anthology from Tickety Boo Press Ltd

The theme this time is Aliens.

I think you'll agree it is an amazing cover. Editor will be the legendary Jeff Scott Marryat (Boneman)

Submission Guidelines

Genre - Science Fiction
2K to 5K in length
Story can be past, present, future, sleepers, take over the world Aliens, Aliens on space stations, Alien virus's, basically anything with Aliens in it. I want good, enjoyable stories that have a climax to them. Tension, fear, X-File-esque, thought provoking, make the story entertaining.

This is a paid anthology and generous royalties will be paid. Details on request.:)

If you become a regular in our collections you will generate a nice yearly income from being in them - the Seychelles beckons :)

Aiming for an 80K book consisting of approx 20 stories. Book will be published in paperback and ebook. Also a limited edition hardback will be available.

Run your idea past me if you are in any doubt.

Without any further ado - here is the cover!

FINAL%20small.jpg

Last edited:
Nose - grindstone? :)

Haha! One more coming soon and that will be it for the year apart from...

Here is a bigger version which shows the tagline better.

Wooo! It's here!

One more, Gary??? How can people keep up?! :eek: I'm struggling enough to finish the Malevolence one as it is! :D

Anyway, you've just reminded me. I better get cracking with the ebook version. Hopefully, though, I can finish my story first and get some cards sorted for Xmas... I'm so behind this year, and that's not like me!!!

Got to say I absolutely love that cover.

I also rather like the premise. I'll need to think of a story (I usually write fantasy... it's been ages since I wrote sci-fi), and if I can I'll submit something.

Just use your talent, Thad but no budgies, though.

But there again telepathic budgies with an all seeing eye could work! LOL

Thanks for the kind words. It's all Leisha's hard work, I made the tea.:)

I am trying to promote some of the massive talents, here on Chrons.

Boneman as an editor, lots of members as writers which will become apparent when Malevolence gets published. Cover art designers. Beta readers. Copy editors. The list goes on and on...

Me! I'm the cement that holds it all together, hopefully. Always wanted to be a bag of cement! :D

Great job, everybody!

I have to say I'm blown away by the artwork. It wouldn't look out of place as a cover to something like Asimov's Foundation series. Kind of reminds me of the image I used to have for Trantor.

I loved reading Asimov in my younger years so that's a compliment by the way:)

its really pretty gary.. is it a great big ship orbiting that planet? all those rockets look like a ship with an exospheric magnetically held atmosphere cloud used for exoship repair and power collection functions... but then that might be a ship, not a planet... made from a moon to create a assisted gravitational field through an interlooping orbit as both travel through an oort cloud ... way cool gary!! (yay leisha!)

( oort cloud image..
Oort-Cloud-Nine_2.jpg
at least that is what they believe it to look like. sitting there at the outermost perifery of our solar system, on the magnetic cusp of our star's gravitational influence.)
super cool idea gary that the aliens are sitting there just on the outside of our solar system as if we are fish in an aquarium that they like to stare at.. or perhaps they are hitching a ride to the other side of the milky way.. a ten thousand year journey..

Last edited:
Does it have to be loads of aliens? What's your thoughts on a sentient alien lesbian spaceship?

Does it have to be loads of aliens? What's your thoughts on a sentient alien lesbian spaceship?

the ship is, itself? a very romantical ship? (thinks of certain futurama episodes...)
or like in "the ship that sang"?

is it the ship that likes girls or is it that the ships are girls... or there are girls on the ships that like each other? or is it that the ships like each other?
or all of the above?

guys would like it regardless.. very marketable..