Sekrit Santa 33 1/3

TheDustyZebra

Certified zebra
Staff member
I seem to remember volunteering to run the next one, and it seems like a good time of year for Santa stuff, so here it is. :)

I'm thinking if we take signups and story requests this month, I can hand out assignments for Christmas if it looks like everyone is in, or for New Year's if we need more time, and then we'll have all of January for the writing. Does that sound like a good plan?

For anyone who is new, this is a game in which we write stories and attempt to identify each other's writing styles by figuring out who wrote what. Here's a recap of the procedure:

........Make a request for a story you would like someone to write for you, such as "sf adventure with a female main character and a religious unicorn", or "alternate universes and flowers", or "a story about toys". Be as specific or non-specific as you like.

........When I have everyone's requests, I will mix them up and randomly assign them to all the participants. You will then have until the end of January to write a story (minimum 1000-ish words, no maximum), which you will send to me. I will pass it along to the person who requested it, without telling them who wrote it.

........I will post excerpts from all the stories, and everyone will have a chance to guess who wrote each one. Then we reveal all the writers, and anyone who wishes can post their whole story at that point.

I think that about covers it. Let me know if I've forgotten anything, or if that isn't clear.

Go!

Blimey, this has come around quick hasn't it! I would love to, but I'm so busy now so I'll have to just watch this time.

january should work for me.

I like the sound of that religious unicorn, but have him teames up with a cynical gryphon or crafty fox. some sort of romp where his friend gets him into scrapes, then gets him out again last moment, and he scolds with pious love.

that or a wild west / mythical beast mashup. you know pegasus-boys rounding up the stray basaliscs and singing songs about sirines by the nightly dragonfire -- that sort of thing.

Ooooh I think I can finally have a go at this! :D

I would like a kind of urban fantasy/adventure quest mash up, with pirates, ninja's, futuristic weapons, an appearance by Pegasus and a clumsy young wizard!

If that's all possible of course...

Hey TDZ, thanks for setting this up...I have so much fun doing these.

I would like a flintlock fantasy, with an evil overlord

Bah. I'm sorry. I can't manage this time either :(

January = crazy work and multiple kiddy parties and school club chaos and things are just full... like my brain.

Do you guys want to wait and do the writing in February? It makes no difference to me! We can just take requests whenever someone thinks of one, until then, and I can assign stories toward the end of January, if that would work better.

Right so Dav's in. and he wants a story about a tied up lass.

you rakish dawg you. ;)

if you need some more people i could write one if you want ... if you want to chance it, that is.. you might get something quite sloppy with sentiment around the holidays.. or even a horror bent if i get anti commercial.. so it could be risky..

if you do.. for me i'd like something happy... perhaps about a happy hobbit with an invisible kitten.

Right so Dav's in. and he wants a story about a tied up lass.

you rakish dawg you. ;)

Alas, my lass, I said "hope" and "lessly"...that's two lasses...:)

if you need some more people i could write one if you want ... if you want to chance it, that is.. you might get something quite sloppy with sentiment around the holidays.. or even a horror bent if i get anti commercial.. so it could be risky..

if you do.. for me i'd like something happy... perhaps about a happy hobbit with an invisible kitten.

Aaawww, preciousssssssss...:)

and a rocket ship that is always ready to blast off.. because the hobbit is a superhero.. and the kitten is his sidekick.. :D

I'm not sure how I'll be fixed Feb, either - I have a big rewrite underway and a fair bit of work-work coming, so I think don't change it for me. (If it all changes and I find myself with time, I'll throw my hat into the ring then.)