Author's preferred edition in eBook

Montero

Supporter
I read Diane Duane's "Stealing the Elf King's Roses" years ago and have re-read it with pleasure several timessince.

Today I was fossicking around on line as one does, went to see what the latest is from Diane Duane and found that she is re-releasing some of her books as eBooks and in the case of Stealing the Elf King's Roses is putting out an author's preferred edition.

See here for what she has done and says the changes are:

Now at the Ebooks Direct store: "Stealing the Elf-King's Roses: The Author's Cut" | DianeDuane.com

So that intrigues me on several levels

Now I am wondering whether to buy the new copy and will I think it is better.
I wonder how many more author's preferred editions there are going to be now eBook self publishing is possible.

Oh, I wasn't criticising. Just interested that another "spin-off" as it were of eBook self-publishing is the possibility of an author getting to put out their preferred edition. I think I will finish up buying it (though not this side of Christmas) so that I can
a) find out what is in there that was taken out previously
b) I am up to speed on the "now" story as it were.

Diane Duane also commented that reviewing and editing the book had given her some ideas on a sequel, which she hadn't previously thought of.

Given how much I liked the authors edition of Brian Keene's The Rising part of me hopes it is a new wave, but I have the sinking suspicion a lot of books were cut down by editors for a very, very good reason.