Kraken made a sale!

Jayaprakash Satyamurthy

Knivesout no more
Kraken hasn't posted here for a while, but I'm sure some of our regulars remember her. In any case, since she seems rather remiss in the blowing-her-own-trumpet department, it falls upon me to tell you that our fellow Asprng Writer has taken the first step into the world of being published and all, with a sale to the excellent online zine,Strange Horizons.

You can read her poem here: http://www.strangehorizons.com/2005/20050418/crazybox-p.shtml

A round of applause is in order, I think.

Congrats! That is very cool. Nice to see when hard work and perseverance pay off!

So well done! And I love the poem too. Congratulations, Kraken. Hope there's more for you in the future.

Congratulations! I took the liberty of visiting your site since it was conveniently linked to in the 'about the author' portion after your poem. I could stay there and read your 'Thoughts' for quite some time. I had to force myself off of the site so I could finish perusing the posts here and get off the internet and get some work done :p

I also read your comments on having had the poem published. I can relate. While in school I worked extremely hard to write well, impress the teachers and have my stuff liked. It didn't work. However, I once wrote a short story in a matter of minutes based on a popular kids song that tickled my fancy and handed it in as a class project. It got rave reviews and was then published in the school paper. Imagine my surprise. Shame I can't ever recapture that. Enjoy it!

Thank you, dwndrgn!

I'm very glad you enjoy my 'Thoughts'. I have to admit that my approach to book reviewing is a little odd, but I reason that if I don't call it a review then I can talk about what I like. ;) Feel free to comment on any posts that catch your fancy.

Never is one of my least favourite words. I'm glad that you had that experience once. I doubt that the second time feels exactly the same, but I also think that if you did it once, it could happen again one day. Lightning does strike twice!

I think I am starting to enjoy it - I definitely like the sense of community it's giving me; I've had people stop by my lj to talk to me because of it, and it's given me a little more confidence about commenting on other people's work. It's been rewarding in ways that I hadn't expected. :)