Legend Of The Galactic Heroes

Foxbat

None The Wiser
Supporter
Anybody seen this? I've been hearing good things about it. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Amazon USA is showing the box sets at around $588 new and $365 used. Hopefully the prices will drop sometime in the future.

I've seen the first episode - It looks like a fairly big Space Opera, with full fleshed out characters on both sides of the galactic war. It's also fairly well regarded as a good anime - older though - early 90's?

I'm also looking for a box set, good luck!

I love this series, and it's a shame that it's not available over here. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I've seen the entire series (plus the equally lengthy gaiden/side stories series) on Youtube, and I'd definitely call it a favourite. They don't make anime series like this any more.

rcdemoral is right - it's a well regarded space opera, with lots of drama, a fair amount of politics, space battles, and character development. I think it was from the late 80s and ran into the early/mid 90s, and whilst there is sometimes more dialogue than action, it's still a classic, and has some of my all time favourite characters in it.