2.12: Prisoner's Dilemma

Dave

Non Bio
Staff member
I'm astounded at no thread for this episode yet. I thought it was the best episode yet. The build up to it with the bank job last episode was great and it had so many twists and turns. It was like everything so far had been leading up to this (was it the mid-season hiatus in the US?) with the other prisoners Elias and Byron being present.

Dave, it doesn't exist because nobody created it or cared for it. I also said last year that I'm not going to keep putting up threads and provoking conversations as I thought someone else should had done it. But as you can see nothing happened.

However I agree that a lot of great episodes went by and nobody said nothing.

Well, it's probably only because this is the point where I'm up to. :rolleyes:

I must admit that I didn't see the ending coming either. Once I catch up with you maybe we can have a longer conversation?

I'm astounded at no thread for this episode yet. I thought it was the best episode yet. The build up to it with the bank job last episode was great and it had so many twists and turns. It was like everything so far had been leading up to this (was it the mid-season hiatus in the US?) with the other prisoners Elias and Byron being present.

I missed some episodes - not through disinterest but accident - so didn't start threads then, of course. But I caught this episode and I don't remember why I didn't start a thread on it - I know at one point I felt like I had created too many threads and wanted others to jump in and, in some cases, maybe everybody was waiting for everybody else. Then, yeah, there were a couple I just didn't care anything about or have anything to say on, but I don't think this was one of those. I recall thinking there might have been something forced or overwritten about how they got Reese caught and then how they got him uncaught plus I don't really like Carter as an interrogator for some reason but I remember it as being an excellent episode overall, like you note. As far as mid-season hiatus, US shows don't usually have a mid-season hiatus, as far as I know, so much as "sweeps" periods alternating with non-sweeps period and the biggest break usually comes in the holiday season. PoI didn't really have any big breaks that season in the US. But it could well have been a sweeps episode.

I'm not going to spoil anything specific at all but some people don't even like expectations being set up, so I'll give warning if you want to skip the "invisible" sentence.
Just saying that, if you liked the "building up/leading up" aspect - a "significant episode" aspect - then you should love the season finale