Star Wars: Rebels

The two producers revealed this interesting possibility at last week’s Star Wars Celebration. Here’s Kinberg, when /Film asks if the Rebels could be involved in the stories told in the live-action movies:
Absolutely there’s been conversation about it. That this story could be a story that crosses over into other films, whether it’s A New Hope or other movies. And that movies could potentially even enter into our timeline and our moment. It’s a big galaxy. So, you know, things are happening all over the place that don’t necessarily have to react to each other, the way we react to news around the world. We never meet the Chilean miners that are trapped in that mine. We know about it and the world reacts to it. So each of the different stories has to acknowledge the reality of what’s ever happening in that moment in time.

And here’s Filoni, when directly asked if the Rebels could come to live-action:
I would never say never to that. I mean, now that Lucasfilm is so integrated in story from top to bottom in all different forms of media, we already have had our characters cross over into novels. We’re gonna have our crossover into comic books. I would say it’s entirely possible. And I would encourage it.

I’ve talked to the creators of the other films going on and, you know, I’ve always made it clear if you want somebody, just let me know. They can jump over there. I don’t care. I’m all for it. Because I think it makes the experience for fans so much stronger. And what a moment it would be to see some of these animated characters up there live on the screen. It would be great for me too.
http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-rebels-movie-crossover/

It’s finally here! The highly anticipated second season of Star Wars Rebels is set to premiere on Saturday, June 20, at 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on Disney XD.

The new season will kick off with a special one-hour movie event, Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal, and continue rolling out new episodes in the fall. Recently revealed at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, the exciting new season will see our rebel heroes encountering fan-favorite characters that include Wolffe and Gregor, Ahsoka Tano, Captain Rex, and the iconic Darth Vader. Watch the trailer below!
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...c|sws|natural|lucasfilm|2015-05-08|newsletter

Nerdgasm! I cannot wait for season 2, but just like it was with the beginning of this series I'm dreading that they'll have no choice but dabble with some canon, with Vader being especially strong in his prime time as Emperor's Executioner (in both literal sense and in the sense that he'll make things happen like no other person in Darth Sidious arsenal).

Rhzwsy8.jpg

The Siege of Lothal is best Star Wars can offer, and it takes whole series in totally new level when it connects the Clone Wars with the beginning of the Rebel Wars seamlessly. What lies in the heart of whole episode is Anakin's ... er ... Lord Vader's relationship with Apprentice ... er, Ahsoka. Sorry about the pun but from the beginning of this summer special, I couldn't stop thinking about how closely Anakin was knitted to Ahsoka. And yet, surprisingly she has no idea about Vader's true identity.

Not that it would matter, because there's no way for her to turn her Master to Light Side of the Force balance. She could as well know and I think she knows who Vader truly is and that pain might keep her hiding the matter, because she's so shamed that it was her Master following order 66 down to letter. Yet, I think she should come out and use the knowledge to hurt the empire.

What was also interesting was the notion from Emperor himself when he revealed that there are quite a number Jedi's in hiding. I don't he meant Ashoka, Esra, Kanan, Kenobi or Yoda but the other ones of those ten thousand that had scattered all over the galaxy. It's a big place after all - even with advances like FTL travel. Also what's interesting is that Ahsoka still doesn't claim that she's one but rather she stays on side, almost like the third party, making her more like one of Grey's - neutral force users.

The term Gray Jedi, or Gray, had two meanings. First, it was used by Jedi and Sith to describe Force-users who walked the line between the light and dark sides of the Force without surrendering to the dark side, and second, it described Jedi who distanced themselves from the Jedi High Council and operated outside the strictures of the Jedi Code. However, those who were considered to be true Gray Jedi met both qualifications and did not belong to any particular Force tradition.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

Before this episode Grey's have never been mentioned in the canon. They have only been part of the Expanded Universe, but yet I cannot think about Ahsoka's departure from Jedi Order any other way than her standing in the middle ground, undecided to follow neither Sith or Jedi. What that means in the long run is a good question. But I acknowledge that in the long run it would be better for Ezra to learn from both schools, and use that knowledge to carve his way in the universe that is now mostly dominated by the Dark Side.

PS. It seems I was right. Inquisitors are Emperor's sith warriors.

Not sure how to do a spoiler button so I'll keep this as spoiler free as I can...

Seige on Lothal was amazing. With each episode the story grows more interesting and the characters I grow more fond of. When Kanan and Ezra asked Ahsoka if she knew who or what Vader was, I believed she lied, just like Obi-Wan lied to Luke about his father, although maybe not for the same reasons. Her look of sheer horror when they connected through the Force was one of definite recognition. Incredible show, the new season can't start soon enough.

Finally caught up and wow, was that a great episode. I'm kind of glad, though, that
Vader was ordered at the end to set an Inquisitor on their trail, as too much Vader would have overpowered the show, I think. I'll be glad just to have him make the odd cameo appearance.

Also, love the way the briefing session scene where Chopper bursts in with the message underlines what is so fab about Chopper; that Ghost team don't consider him their droid, but an active team member. (Compared to C3PO and R2D2 who were never quite on equal footing, imo)

My first thought was Obi Wan, but he went hiding and making sure Luke's safe in Tatooine. So it can't be him. He could not risk Vader finding out that he's alive or that there's new hope. My second thought was Ventress - she's a girl. And my third, the pirates, promised to be portrayed in this season.

Last edited:
Rex-790x444.jpg

Did some of the clones find a way around their programming?

Star Wars Rebels Season 2 is just around the corner. Aside from Ahsoka and Darth Vader, one of the most anticipated characters returning to the screen is Captain Rex from the Clone Wars show. However, as anyone who saw Revenge of the Sith can tell you, the clone army was programmed to turn on the Jedi (and they did) based on a single order from Palpatine. That Order 66 was the masterstroke that allowed him to transform the Galactic Republic into the Galactic Empire and consolidate power for himself.

But, it seems, not all the clones were under the Emperor’s thrall. How did this happen… and when?
http://overmental.com/content/star-...ain-rex-join-the-empire-during-order-66-40744