Teslapunk?

Zahhak

Does anyone have any sources on Teslapunk? I've rather fallen in love with the aesthetic and I'm trying to find some stories that are in the genre, but there doesn't seem to be any. I've checked wikipedia, reddit, and TVtropes and I cannot seem to find anything. Is it just an art/cosplay style or am I failing to find anything?

Flash Gordon has some interesting elements of this trope; admittedly, it's cinema or other video, not literary.

One could, I suppose, shoehorn "Frankenstein" into this niche.

I'm not all that picky. I might check out Flash Gordon and see if I find it interesting.

So it's steampunk with electricity replacing steam, basically.

There are quite a few literal Tesla stories floating around, shorts or otherwise. Five Fists of Science, I think Zeppelins West, and Resnick's recent western sf books suck as Buntline Special might qualify. The series Wild Wild West might work, as could the movie. Brisco County Junior, Murdoch Mysteries, and a few others.

Hi,

The series Sanctuary contained some elements of tesla punk - not to mention Tesla himself. And probably the ultimate would have to be Frankenstein - though of course it was written at a time where simple electrical science was cutting edge science.

Cheers, Greg.

The series Sanctuary contained some elements of tesla punk - not to mention Tesla himself. And probably the ultimate would have to be Frankenstein - though of course it was written at a time where simple electrical science was cutting edge science.

Sanctuary was on my 'to do list' anyways. Guess it got bumped to the top!

Back