BristolCon 2013

Ooh, got free stuff! And... when I had a chance to look in the bag they gave us, my own book's postcard was in there! How cool was that?!
That's got to be good, Mouse. :)

Glad to hear it was good.

Hope everyone there had, has, and is having, a good time.

I didn't want to go really, and as I was leaving one of the guys from the panels (can't remember his name!) was trying to get me to go to the book launch and was trying to tempt me with more freebies. Still, I'll remember not to double book myself next year!

I was there, but I had to leave at about 2 for a family meal with the better half. The people on Anne's panel were, without a doubt, deeply disturbed when it came to talking (with a little too much glee in the case of Janet Edwards!) about killing people. Probably the funniest panel of the day :)

I'd definitely recommend attending BristolCon. The two times I've attended, it has been very friendly, lots of fun, and also enlightening. What more could one ask? Well, to meet other Chronners, and that happens too.

As an aside, the review mentioned the readings (each a scheduled 10 minutes) happening in the main event rooms. They also did this last year, but either the planning or implementation went slightly awry in 2012: there wasn't always time to get to a reading in the other room and hear its beginning. This year, the moderators made sure that the panels (each starting on the hour) ended at quarter-to, giving one time to swap rooms and still hear all of a reading.

I did notice that this year. They had people sitting in and getting the panels to wrap up and jogging off to the other room.

Yes that part of the convention was organised much better this year. A lot of the panel members were also in attendance at Brighton.