2013 Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest Winners!

Discussion in 'General Writing Discussion' started by J-Sun, Jul 16, 2013.

J-Sun

J-Sun Active Member

2013 Contest Winners

And boy are there some doozies. Most of these are really brilliantly awful - to have such gifts, yet to use those powers for evil! :D

(I wasn't sure where to post this but it is a sort of writing exercise and, while readers like myself would get a great deal of... joy?... out of them, I figure they'd have special point for writers. Plus it lets anyone who somehow doesn't know of this get ready for next time.)
    ratsy

ratsy Writing

Those were funny, skimmed some but loved this one

There once was a nasty, evil troll who lived beneath a bridge and took pleasure in collecting gold from the unsuspecting users of the infrastructure; however, no one used the bridge because an evil troll lived under it so the troll didn’t do much of anything. — Rachel Flanigan, Honolulu, HI
    Bowler1

Bowler1 Senile Member

My one -

Count Glandula’s castle flickered with eerie lights, where the immortal villain slaked his evil thirst in the dungeons with innocent victims – two moldy old peasants because the virtuous maidens had all been taken by the hot teenaged vampires down the road whose breath wasn’t so icky.

I want the book!
    Boneman

Boneman Active Member

Brilliant. I sincerely hope Ursa Takes notice of the 'worst pun' contest and enters the next one...:)
    dask

dask dark and stormy knight

I thought a couple were pretty good.
    thaddeus6th

thaddeus6th Active Member

These are pretty good :)