Towers of Midnight, the Kindle Edition.

kenpat

Has any one read this on a Kindle. I have it and A Memory of Light in hardback, but they are oh so heavy and uncomfortable. Thinking about getting the Kindle versions. Would welcome advice.

Decided I couldn't bring myself to spend another £17 on books I already owned. So getting on with the wonderful ToM.

Hey Ken, dont know about the kindle edition but i think you will enjoy the book.

Well, that's ToM finished this morning. Having bought a wrist brace I'll start MoL today.

Wow that was fast!!! What did you think? I could have done with a lot more of the Snakes and Foxes myself

Wow that was fast!!! What did you think? I could have done with a lot more of the Snakes and Foxes myself

I really enjoyed it. I covered nearly 600 pages yesterday, so guess what I did all day. I like the Machiavellian machinations/action sequence balance better in the Sanderson books, but I don't think he's the writer that Jordan was.

I intended to start MoL today, but ended up having a Big Bang Theory marathon instead. So I'll start the prologue tonight.
It's going to be difficult to decide what to read after I've finished WoT.

Yeah, their styles are different. I really enjoy Sanderson's books as well though. The world didn't get to see much of Jordan other than his WOT (with the execption of Conan i think which i have never read)

I had a nice backlog of books to read after I finished MoL a couple weeks ago. It was strange to finish though.

Yeah, their styles are different. I really enjoy Sanderson's books as well though. The world didn't get to see much of Jordan other than his WOT (with the execption of Conan i think which i have never read)

I had a nice backlog of books to read after I finished MoL a couple weeks ago. It was strange to finish though.

His Conan books, all of which I have, are in no way comparable to WoT, but I loved Conan and have almost everything by REH. Even a couple of the westerns. That's not counting hundreds of the comics. (reminder to self) I really do have to have a clearout.

I've read Elantris and the Mistborn trilogy and thought they were very good.
My backlog is huge as well, I realised when I started this thread, that I had over 60 books to read on my Kindle alone, although it would be fair to say that 3/4 of them are fluff.

I have 3 historical biographies that I'm eager to start so something away from fantasy with maybe a thriller for my fiction fix.

I suspect like you I'm going to miss Randland.

Last edited: