Should we be worried by one Star Wars film a year?

Well said Dave. It looks like so much of what passes for "news" in this 24 hour a day, news all the time, world. It's got to be fresh, and if there is nothing fresh, then stir the pot and see what might possibly come to the top.

I figure if they are gearing up to make the Star Wars films an industry of their own they can keep permanent sets and studios in place. As long as they aren't pushing for innovation with the films... a lot of the CGI has become standard. Character. Character. Character. And the rest will take care of itself.

Star Wars fans will forgive a lot for a good story and strong characters.

~Mike

I suspect they will quickly exhaust the Star Wars universe, then reboot it. There is already speculation about them rebooting the X-Men series with different actors, and they are still making them.

It is a money maker, nothing more. $4bn is a lot, and they will have to recoup the money somehow. Within ten years ideally.

Allow at least one of the returning actors from the original trilogy to have a death scene. It was done with Kenobi, Vader, Yoda, and others, so why not?

What shall I demand next?

R2D2 turns to the Dark Side!
Ewan MacGregor returns, but in his 'Trainspotting' role ("I chose not to choose life, I chose somethin' else")

I think we should be worried about the actor cast as young Han Solo, who the hell is this guy? Is he fit to lick Harrison Fords boots?

NO

I guess trying to maintain a good enough standard for standalone movies is going to be hard, whereas they seem to have learned from LOTR and made three films back to back and released them year after year. But that was one story, made into three flilms. The Batman films were good, and I'm trying to think if it would bother me if they came out year after year. If they were good enough, I'd not blink, just lap it up, but if they were rubbish I'd stop going, probably. The balance of quality vs quantity, driven headlong by the need for profits...

If you rush something you end up with 'Eragon - the movie'...

So I said that in 2013... how time flies! I'm actually looking forward to Rogue One. Apart from Felicity Jones, who looks pretty cool in the trailer, it will (I think) feature Darth Vader!! It's set when they're trying to steal the plans to the Death Star, and I now think if they give us likeable characters, ones we can get behind (I've seen Episode VII three times, and they do grow on me each time) then they'll succeed. Didn't they just recoup $2 billion of their outlay from that episode?

So I said that in 2013... how time flies! I'm actually looking forward to Rogue One. Apart from Felicity Jones, who looks pretty cool in the trailer, it will (I think) feature Darth Vader!! It's set when they're trying to steal the plans to the Death Star, and I now think if they give us likeable characters, ones we can get behind (I've seen Episode VII three times, and they do grow on me each time) then they'll succeed. Didn't they just recoup $2 billion of their outlay from that episode?
I must say I found The Force Awakens poor stuff indeed, so I have low expectations for Rogue One. I think Star Wars IV and The empire Strikes Back were decent, but the rest were quite below par. Still, time will tell.

I think these anthology movies will be more important than the new trilogy in the long run.

The Star Wars universe has the potential to have many great stories, so I'm quietly confident that Disney will serve us well. The Force Awakens, while not original, was entertaining and I found myself enjoying it regardless, the Rebels TV series appears to be well done so I think Disney will do well. Rogue One looks superb I only and I really cannot wait.

I do hope that they make something for those that grew up on the original trilogy. There was that rumoured to series that was supposed to be pretty adult in nature.

Only if they let George Lucas start writing dialogue again. As long as they stick with JJ Abrams instead of JJ Binks they should do all right. Hopefully they'll depart from the "we must destroy the superweapon through it's one tiny weakness" formula on episode 8, that would be an improvement.